Skins Team Mach #5 Super GT300 2014 GT-R - Roof question

Hello,

Edit: *Solved* - the problem was black Alpha layer in Channels - in Kunos Template - just repaint it white!

I am currently working on the backmarkers in Super GT 2014 season - Team Mach GT-R.

However, I noticed a problem with using a Kunos template - When I convert my WIP .psd file into the dds file and display it in-game, I see carbon roof instead of my painted one. There is Carbon layer on top of my livery.

There is no file in the directory working as a layer / map. I cannot see the carbon roof in the .dds file. It must be something external which is adding carbon texture to different parts of GT-R GT3.

Does anybody know how to eliminate the carbon layer on top of my skin?

Here are some pictures:
1/ WIP - notice the carbon layer on top of livery
referencemach2.jpg

2/ The only files I have in the skin directory
Bez názvu.jpg

Thanks

Last edited:
You'll have to unpack the .kn5 file to see what texture is used for that. Then all you have to do is copy the file with that exact name and extension in a skin folder to be able to adjust it accordingly.

You'll have to unpack the .kn5 file to see what texture is used for that. Then all you have to do is copy the file with that exact name and extension in a skin folder to be able to adjust it accordingly.
Oh I see. I forgot about that file. Still figuring out how the files and maps works :)

Thank you again.
I will try to provide the community with the remaining SuperGT skins that were not done yet :D

Before you do that; is the roof black in the skin's alpha channel? If so, make it white. It could be that the roof itself has a different detail map than the rest of the car does, so it shows that through the livery if the alpha channel is black.

Before you do that; is the roof black in the skin's alpha channel? If so, make it white. It could be that the roof itself has a different detail map than the rest of the car does, so it shows that through the livery if the alpha channel is black.
Nope, the roof was the same as the rest of the car in skin's alpha channel. But thanks for the input :)

Have you found the solution?
If not maybe I can help :thumbsup:
Not yet, so help would be appreciated.

I tried unziping KN5 file with kn converter. It listed many DDS files but I haven't found which texture is keep applying over the roof.

Maybe I am doing something horribly wrong - I will test different methods how to save skin from PSD to DDS and will see :D

You can open the fbx file you get with kseditor and have a look at what material is applied
Thank you, I tried that and found out that the roof as well as rest of the car is using "mat_carbon.dds"

What is interesting is that if I take Kunos GT-R GT3 template (it contains only wireframe layer + paint) and convert it to DDS skin, when I load this template I get the white car with carbon details (and roof already)
nismodef.jpg

My goals is now to achieve that the model or folder does not load "mat_carbon.dds" for the roof :D

I tried to re-paint mat.carbon.dds to see the proof and indeed it was shown
observed.jpg

You change the material in kseditor, the problem with this is that you'd have to save that adjusted kn5 file, making it a "different" car and the other skins will have the same change.

I still think the issue is on your alpha layer or maybe the kind of your dds settings. I've make the layer complete black for testing and the black carbon roof appears. With the channel complete white the paint appears and the carbon is gone :)

Edit: The alpha channel in the Kunos template is black and this is the reason for your result. White car with black carbon roof ;)

Last edited:
Thanks everyone - you were right, the problem was black Alpha channel in template.

I re-checked in the PSD. file the window Channels and there was Alpha channel all black - tried to repaint it with all white, export to DDS, tried in-game and the carbon roof dissapeared + livery was shown!

I am such a noob for not making sure the first time - I thought I switched it on white already aaaaarggh.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back