Team Lotus buy Caterham

Hope they don't screw Caterham up like Lotus is doing with their own cars...

In this case it's Team Lotus rather than Lotus Cars who are buying Caterham. If it means that Caterham carry on as before but with better investment then that will be a good thing.

Lotus Cars seem to be doing some strange things at the moment. They were always cutting edge motor racing manufacturers in the past, but now seem to be content with putting their name on other peoples cars. I was really pleased when the Lotus name came back into F1, but I don't understand what they are trying to achieve, particularly when Lotus Cars could have invested in the Lotus F1 team rather than go to court to stop them from using the name. I live just a few miles from both the Lotus Cars factory and the Team Lotus GP base so have always had a soft spot for the brand. I'll be celebrating whether it's a Team Lotus car or a Renault Lotus winning a race, but I'd prefer it if they could sort themselves out properly!

Its convenient for team lotus. It holds more history of the lotus name, Which could help them in court, but If the court case goes in renaults favour, then it'll be caterham on the car instead of lotus

Well, it started with the Evora... Now they are bringing the "new" Elise which is not anymore...

See for yourself... http://www.caranddriver.com/news/ca...car_lineup_debuts_at_paris_auto_show-car_news

They all look the same don't they ? -_-

As well as being "Un-Lotus-like" and not very nice looking... And they all lost their raw driving style (no assists, no power steering, etc...)

You really convinced me :(

Sad to see they will become "more of the same" talking about sportscars... I wouldn't recognise a Lotus like that.

What happened with the car designers seriously??? Anyone saw a car that looks actually good nowadays? I always see ugly hi-tech spaceships instead of cars... The old Esprit, that was a Lotus, not these!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back