TC65 / GTC65 @ Bridgehampton - Thu 1st Oct

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
flyer-mix.jpg

Servername: Use Anti-Deco + LAN/Direct IP Link - server ip supplied on sign up
Class: TC65 (Race 1) GTC65 + mods (Race2)
Track: Bridgehampton
Conditions: 12.00 race time (first time we run a track we'll go for as little shadows as poss.)
Practice: 20 min
Qualification: 10 min
Race: 18 laps
Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!
Note2: TC65 - default cars + skins only + GTC65 - default cars, Porsche 904, Ferrari 250SWB + default skins only

Very very much enjoyed the Falcon in race one,i was surprised how sort of predictable and fun it was to hang out the back end :good: :good:.

Never really liked that mod Ferrari from the first moments with it,tweaked around the slider bar setups a bit but still couldnt feel comfy in that thing,my race came to an abrupt halt when i got scooped up in the melee' up ahead at the entry to T2,took a similar sort of barrell roll i did in race one with the Falcon but that little weak tin Ferrari didnt fare as well and felt even more wonky so sneaked quietly out the back door :p.

Thank You Thommo and RD :good:.

Hans we're moving to quali now, so you've still got 10 mins if you still fancy it

Thanks guys still not working,found some problems in the GTL directory ,Porsche 904 on the wrong place and a patch for the Ferrari 250 SWB hope this will solve the problems.

Something else,I run out of money, good not by all the cars in the new mods,so I sold some cars here and there an by one car from each Mod, I have dun the unlock all patch some time a go bud still run out of money,if I do it all over I loose my race profile ? how to solve this?Some help please...

Race 1 was great, fantastic track,have to stop now an than to clean out my radiator from brushwood after some excursions out of the track,run on the tail of the race place 10 or so bud in lap 16 on 9 in lap 17 on 7 en after the finish place 5 ? I think there was a fuel problem??

Hans

Wow kinda weird event, but very fun:)

I think I had quite low expectations with the Falcon. However, it was a blast to drive. The first race was one of my best yet. Everything felt so good and it just clicked. And the I ran out of fuel... Congrats Sam, well done!

Second race was exactly the opposite. I think I expected too much from the Ferrari and I never got it to cooperate. I would aim for the same apex each lap and end up somewhere new each time:) Gentle slides would abruptly snap back round with a feisty kick in the steering wheel. But I love the car for being flawed. Live rear axle and leafsprings shouldn't be easy to drive:)

Apologizes to Warren. In the second race I was caught off-guard as the corvette struggled through the fast downhill section. I was going too fast and ploughed him off the track. Sorry...

Thanks Thomson and RD

Great to be back enjoying some GTL action again, and this event was full of the usual mystery and fun.
Two very different races for me, but then that is what I set myself up for by choosing the Mini and the Corvette.

Race 1, Mini: I felt out of place with my little Mini vs a field of Falcons and Mustangs. Qualy became a case of dodge the Falcons that were scattered all over the track, so I couldn't find any rhythm. It didn't matter though, everyone was going to blast me off the line at the start. It was a funny race, I moved forward steadily as I passed the regular line up of Falcons and Mustangs in the sand, in the bushes, sideways across the track, etc. Then some would catch up, pass me, and spin off again. With about 5 laps to go, I noticed my fuel light flashing and barely made it to the pits. Unfortunately, in my surprise, I stuffed up the pitstop and added fuel, changed tyres, repaired damage, cut and polish, etc, and went a lap down. In all the confusion of others running out of fuel, I'm not sure where I finished, somewhere around P4 ish.

Race 2, Corvette: How different was this beast compared to the Mini? During practice I couldn't string one lap together, I almost gave this car up, despite making lots of setup changes. The off camber turns were unbelieveably difficult in this monster, and I eventually found I had to brake early, change down a gear, and feather some power on through the turns. If I backed off to let others past, it understeered straight off track, and if I powered too early, it fishtailed off the other side.
I knew this would cause problems for anyone trying to pass me in the race, but it was the only way I could keep it on track. Sorry to the guys who got trapped behind me, but I was just hanging on for my life in some of the turns, no doubt contributing to the couple of hits I got during the race. I no doubt contributed to them. As you guys noticed though, the Vette was damned quick along the straight. Now you know how I felt in Race 1 in the Mini behind the Falcons.
Somehow, I managed to fluke a second place in the Vette, but it was a white knuckle ride. I'm not a lover of these overpowered yank tanks, but it was sorta fun.

Thanks Stu for the event, and thanks to all for racing.

Re the track, I liked the layout, rather tricky to drive, but maybe it has a few little issues to be sorted, especially the fuel usage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back