AC Tatuus FA01 @ Zandvoort - Tue 12Sep17

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Thanks :) Glad to be back. I quite like the car and I've grown to love Zandvoort (even though it was a bit of an acquired taste for sure), so the choice for Tuesday race seemed obvious.

Won't be experimenting with triples this time, so I might even do a bit better than last time ;) (fingers crossed)

The track requires high downforce but it's possible that with the current springs we can't go above 7 on the rear wing. I'm testing the ride height as well, so that could be the reason why i'm unable to run higher rear wing.

The track requires high downforce but it's possible that with the current springs we can't go above 7 on the rear wing. I'm testing the ride height as well, so that could be the reason why i'm unable to run higher rear wing.
Default the front is higher than the rear. Maybe you could raise the rear a bit above the front and then go with a stiffer front arb. I did that slightly at spa and rear end is less "snappy" but wants to come around a bit earlier. Maybe it works at Zandvoort as you can "swing around", don't bottom out and the stiffer front arb helps with the handling through the bumpy, tilted turns?

Oooor, I have no idea, didn't do a lap and should probably shut up :roflmao:

Default the front is higher than the rear. Maybe you could raise the rear a bit above the front and then go with a stiffer front arb. I did that slightly at spa and rear end is less "snappy" but wants to come around a bit earlier. Maybe it works at Zandvoort as you can "swing around", don't bottom out and the stiffer front arb helps with the handling through the bumpy, tilted turns?

Oooor, I have no idea, didn't do a lap and should probably shut up :roflmao:
The front is not higher. The front can simply go lower and so you can lower it by 2cm while the rear only by 1.7cm, but the rear will always be higher. The front arb should be lower than 30 as there are some medium-slow turns where it would help.

The front is not higher. The front can simply go lower and so you can lower it by 2cm while the rear only by 1.7cm, but the rear will always be higher. The front arb should be lower than 30 as there are some medium-slow turns where it would help.
Default is front 20, rear 17. The diffuser is lower than the front but yeah, we would need a completely plane spot to see the actual rake :p
Just wanted to say that I liked to have the rear a little higher than the front. In setup numbers! :)
Front arb below 30 is needed, yes!

Default is front 20, rear 17. The diffuser is lower than the front but yeah, we would need a completely plane spot to see the actual rake :p
Just wanted to say that I liked to have the rear a little higher than the front. In setup numbers! :)
Front arb below 30 is needed, yes!
That's not the ride height. That is just how much lower the height can be. As for the rake: the front is lower. I can't think of a car the the front higher than the rear, especially a formula car.
The diffuser is not counted when speaking of rake or actual ride height. The height you see should indicate the height of the body.
ust wanted to say that I liked to have the rear a little higher than the front. In setup numbers!
I think on the tatuus you will always have that. I almost never change the rake of the car as it requires more knowledge than i have and it can create problems from an aerodynamic point of view.

I don't disagree with you, makes all sense!
Just give it a go though, just a few mm. It felt well balanced at spa! I was a bit safer with it. I didn't feel any aerodynamic problems, but they might be there, no idea if and how to find out other than experiment...

So in setup number: default is 20/17. Try it the other way around. Rear 3 clicks higher than the front. You will feel the difference and I liked it at spa. It felt like the rear ARB would be at -5 or something like that, which makes sense due to the higher weight shift :)

I don't disagree with you, makes all sense!
Just give it a go though, just a few mm. It felt well balanced at spa! I was a bit safer with it. I didn't feel any aerodynamic problems, but they might be there, no idea if and how to find out other than experiment...

So in setup number: default is 20/17. Try it the other way around. Rear 3 clicks higher than the front. You will feel the difference and I liked it at spa. It felt like the rear ARB would be at -5 or something like that, which makes sense due to the higher weight shift :)
A rear even higher than it is now will make the car oversteer more. My setups are usually extremely oversteery, so changing the rake would be crazy.
Anyway you just have to open the "wings" app and you'll see the values you get under "CL". If those number decrease (rear wing in particular as the turbolence created from the front wing might affect the rear), then you are having problems. At the same time, if you lower the car (maintaining the original rake) you'll see the numbers increase for the front wing and the diffuser. If the car is too low, under braking or during fast corners you'll see these value decrease a lot. In that case the aero stalled.

I think we are at a point (or I am at least haha) where we have to get on the track and test it:cool:
But to have a little philosophical chat about things we just barely know and understand is very nice too :p

To the signups: editing the lists is a pita from the phone, I'll add you guys tomorrow! :)

Just because you're red now doesn't mean you can take 2 slots :roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
Whoops!! :confused::):whistling::laugh: Guess I musta looked, seen I wasn't in the sign-up list, and signed up again, LOL :thumbsup:

PS: 30 kph wind - wow, that's a stiff breeze. I will have to practice to see how that feels, as I have no experience of driving any cars in AC with significant wind...

It pretty much doesn't feel like anything. You just gain or lose speed/downforce. You won't get pushed to the side I think.
Well well, autumn is coming in the northern central Europe. Same shitty weather as currently in Hamburg so I feel comfortable with the settings :roflmao:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back