Targa Florio '73 alpha

Tracks Targa Florio '73 alpha 0.1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
Today I decided to finally get the "ultimate achievement": complete a lap without crashing. I took a Lotus 3-Eleven, fast enough to complete the track in a reasonable amount of time, but with TC/ABS to help me in case of a mistake.
Well... I almost made it: I only had a minor hit with a wall after 20 minutes! :D It's always so nice to see the sea far away, knowing that you're almost there. I was so focused that I almost forgot to go out and take the take away food I ordered for dinner. lol
37:30:404: can't wait to try the achievement again! I didn't expect to see the part of highway at the middle of the track: there definitely still is a lot to do, but it's so nice to see the progress from the very first version released. :)

A fellow Targa friend and I made a roadtrip down to Sicily to drive the Targa for real and we measured banking and incline with an app. He or I will write a little more about that soon. Abulzz has the data and is currently working it in to make the track even more accurate.

Well, would you look at that, it only took a couple of months to write this down!

So Mino and I were always vivid fans of the Targa Florio race. Mino and I did a two-week road trip from Germany down to sicily and back in october of last year.
Goal for this was to visit and experience the Targa Florio itself (mostly Circuito Piccolo delle Madonie) aswell as the Targa Florio Classic event, which was happening around the time we planned to be on the island. Turns out that event is barely worth visiting, but more on that later.

I'm only going to post some of the pics that we took on our way down, as they barely have any reference to the Targa Florio itself, but will give some perspective on our roadtrip.

So, we did start in the dolomites, staying there for a couple of days, before going down south through Florence and Perugia towards Napoli, but of course we visited some race tracks on the way down (Adria, Imola, Mugello).

Corvara, Dolomites:

c1gL2i4.jpg

Autodromo Enzo e Dino Ferrari:

baUF3xV.jpg

Inbetween Imola and Mugello, taking the rainy and foggy Passo della Futa:

kacZFYA.jpg

We ran into a bike trackday on the Autodromo Internazionale del Mugello, close to a big thunderstorm:

3yXSuf9.jpg

Staying for the evening and night in Florence:

Z6SzS3D.jpg

South of Napoli, taking the coast of Amalfi down south towards the ferry in Reggio Calabria:

P5eisvu.jpg

oxWLCL5.jpg

We just about one of the ferries that left Reggio Calabria for Messina:

F4Y9wkF.jpg

The next morning in Messina:

6FdIITx.jpg

Conquering the Etna:

plx2OLn.jpg

Some more posts will follow, as the number of pictures I can put in one post is quite handicapped...

Part five!

Visiting the Autodromo di Pergusa and taking part in a small session during a trackday:

ty0DubX.jpg

5TyRACB.jpg

VOApxVt.jpg

Heading back via ferry to Genua, Brescia (we can recommend the Mille Miglia museum!), stopping at Monza, and then on our way to Germany via the alps and the Stelvio pass:

B7Sv5nU.jpg

w9zbG5D.jpg

4otyZo1.jpg

atrCrW2.jpg

This should cover it all for now - if you're interested in more pictures and a more in-depth story of our trip, please follow this link to see and read more!

And now for the most important part - we tried to film and gather as much from the Targa Florio, as we could. If you're interested in seing how it looks today, feel free to watch and click through these four videos of ours:

Last edited:
Not trying to sound at all rude, this is just a question, but is this track still under development? I know how long track development takes for top quality, and I just thought it hasn't had an update in nearly a year. Is everything ok? Looking forward to the finished project!

Today, the author, has sent an updated version. Every month, Abulzz's Patreon supporters can enjoy a new one. Today's version includes new buildings, new AI line and a 3D grass configuration. This project is progressing slowly but is getting better and better and I like the result very much.

Today, the author, has sent an updated version. Every month, Abulzz's Patreon supporters can enjoy a new one. Today's version includes new buildings, new AI line and a 3D grass configuration. This project is progressing slowly but is getting better and better and I like the result very much.
Nice to hear! Does anyone have any idea how long until the first free release? I would buy the subscription but cannot really afford that currently...

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 29 8.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 18 5.2%
  • Yearly

Votes: 27 7.8%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 8 2.3%