Targa Florio '73 alpha

Tracks Targa Florio '73 alpha 0.1.0

Login or Register an account to download this content
This is a fantastic project and many thanks for taking it on.

I was messing around with it today and decided to see if I could record an AI line for the full course just as a tester, after a 38 minute lap carefully cruising the course in a GT3 car, it then took a further 1 hour 20 minutes to save!

@Abulzz I can send you a link to it via PM if you want something as a base for track camera creation (I did both the full forward and reverse layouts). It's not worth releasing generally at this stage as unless I decide to spend a further couple of days with the AI helper tool, there's currently too many issues with the defined track limits causing the AI to crash.

This is a fantastic project and many thanks for taking it on.

I was messing around with it today and decided to see if I could record an AI line for the full course just as a tester, after a 38 minute lap carefully cruising the course in a GT3 car, it then took a further 1 hour 20 minutes to save!

@Abulzz I can send you a link to it via PM if you want something as a base for track camera creation (I did both the full forward and reverse layouts). It's not worth releasing generally at this stage as unless I decide to spend a further couple of days with the AI helper tool, there's currently too many issues with the defined track limits causing the AI to crash.
Hello,

Anny chance we (the general public) could get our hands on the AI line please? i know you mentioned its not perfect but i reckon its beter than nothing.

Hello,

Anny chance we (the general public) could get our hands on the AI line please? i know you mentioned its not perfect but i reckon its beter than nothing.

It really isn't worth it at this point, the problem being that the track limits are not correct.

First problem comes at the start line which causes a fair number of cars to crash out before they start lap one. The real problem though is that the track limits along the course are several metres off road and because the road is fairly narrow, the ai will almost always try to pass or drive alongside by going off the road, causing a retirement basically every time they get near each other or near to you.

If it makes you feel better, I only recorded the line as I was still on version 0.0.2 and wanted to have a map, I couldn't help but laugh coming on here after I'd finished to find there was a later version that already had a map!

There is a set of track cameras for the forward full-circuit layout (and an AI line for only that layout) in the current Patreon version btw.
The track limits haven't been adjusted yet in the Patreon version either (and the app for that doesn't work for me on the Targa), so no AI racing there for now as well.

A fellow Targa friend and I made a roadtrip down to Sicily to drive the Targa for real and we measured banking and incline with an app. He or I will write a little more about that soon. Abulzz has the data and is currently working it in to make the track even more accurate.

Last edited:
In other news I'm helping out by modelling a few track-side objects:

191103_d434_05.png

191103_d434_06.png

191103_d434_07.png

191103_d434_08.png

191105_d434_01.png

191112_696_01.png

191112_696_02.png

191108_f642_01.png

The locomotive and carriage are already present in the latest Patreon versions, the rest still needs a bit of work.

Oh man! That looks good!
I don't know what there is about this track but I can't drive it enough.
After I get drunk and throw up on the Nordschleife I want to drive the Targa Florio in real life. Some of us might have to make it a road trip?
Who wants to come?

the donation link doesnt work for me and i can only dpownload version 0.0.4. would really like to get access to a better version, but paypal says no.
I clicked on the link just yesterday and it brought me properly to PayPal. I did't make the payment though, as I subscribed on Patron, so I don't know if the problem is after that step. If you want, you can do the same, so to get access to the latest build and provide feedback while the project goes on.

I clicked on the link just yesterday and it brought me properly to PayPal. I did't make the payment though, as I subscribed on Patron, so I don't know if the problem is after that step. If you want, you can do the same, so to get access to the latest build and provide feedback while the project goes on.
it is the final step. thing is i am not very rich atm, so becomming a patron isnt an option for me. maybe i can become a patron, pay the first month and then quit it. but i dont know if it works this way.

Hi, I just stumbled across this, looks very interesting.

If any help needed with any CSP stuff or whatever just let me know, happy to help.

it is the final step. thing is i am not very rich atm, so becomming a patron isnt an option for me. maybe i can become a patron, pay the first month and then quit it. but i dont know if it works this way.
You could give $1 and then unsubscribe gives you access to the latest version

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 29 8.9%
  • Monthly

Votes: 16 4.9%
  • Yearly

Votes: 24 7.4%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Monthly at lan events

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Yearly at lan events

Votes: 7 2.1%