1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Talk me out of a G27

Discussion in 'F1 2011 - The Game' started by Marcus Lindblom, Jan 9, 2012.

1. I have started thinking about upgrading my DFGT to a G27.
    Is there anyone who have done that switch and can tell me about how much better the G27 is than the DFGT.

2. If you have the spare money then it's a no brainer.

DFGT is a damn fine wheel, you will surely easily sell it on to a good home and then kick back and enjoy the metal paddle shifters, the top notch pedals, the H shifter and it's plethora of buttons....on your shiny new g27 ;)

• Like Like x 3
  3. James Maskell

James Maskell
    "Remember the name! Tommy Vercetti!"

Ive had 2 g27's now and both of them like to lose their alignment when i am racing. Just gonna fix it myself with a bit of glue and follow the tutorial on how to take it apart.

4. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Never try to fix a Logitech product yourself as you lose the warranty. Just inform Logite and they will send you a new one, when its within their two years term of course. Their customer service is second to none.

I upgraded from a G25 to a G27 a couple of months ago. Although I miss the good old sequential shifter that came with the G25 the wheel is very silent at the start up and seems overall more smooth compared to the G27.

Like Paul said, its a no brainer if you wish to spend the money. When you are a regular racer purchase it. If you are a gamer that sometimes races but most of the times not, keep the DFGT.

5. James Maskell

James Maskell

But im on my second already...

And i don't feel like sending this one back to get another one exactly the same.

6. I didn't care about warranty and fixed my G27 (had same problem as James) by myself. However i don't like material wheel made of. Looks like it's painted and i have black marks on my big thumb after long races, starting to think about racing gloves...

7. James Maskell

James Maskell

Yea it feels really weird after awhile. (steering wheel) Im thinking in the future a) making a wheel (f1 style thing) or b) Buying one and a conversion thing.

8. that doesn't matter

9. I just sold my g27 and got a thrustmaster v500 and waiting for my f1 wheel to come from thrustmaster.
    The v500 hurts after a while on your arms so much more punch than the g27 but it costs just over £300 and then £129 for the f1 wheel but def best money i spent on a wheel ever

10. Let us know how it's getting on this time next year :D

11. James Maskell

James Maskell

NVM i did it today and it is so much better, playing with it on GT4 on the ps2.

12. Can you talk about dfgt i think to buy one .is it realy a huge upgrade for a gamepad user?

13. The DFGT is a good wheel but the pedals are very sensitive and the wheel itself is quite loud when you use force feedback.
    But it`s a good starter wheel.

14. I have a G27 and I must say that... I LOVE IT. Also mine doesn't lose its allignment, at least for now (have it for about 1 year)

15. I had previously a DFGT.I hated it.G27 is made by leather,stainless steel and Excitement!DFGT is made by plastic.

If you don`t know,watch this video:

16. Chris Jenkins

Chris Jenkins
    Driving til the wheels fall off

My brother has a DFGT, and it's OK. It gets the job done but it is certainly no comparion for the G27.