T500 RS is turning itself off

Well, yes - that's practically it. It never did when I played F1 2011 on my PS3 but it does on my PC. Not after a set time but pretty much random. Just 15 minutes ago it decided to turn itself off in lap 38 of the Malaysian GP. Not so great, an hour down the drain.

I can, however, unplug it and plug it in again and it's up and running again. Sadly, F1 2011 doesn't deliver FFB effects anymore after doing so. Once I restart the game it's working fine tho.

I have to say, I'm using a 3m USB extension cable (USB 2.0) since my PC is a bit farther away than my PS3. Also, the F1 rim has been attached - not the GT rim. It's set to normal mode, not advanced. Any ideas? :/

Hi Tom. Ok, well at least you can sort it. Fitting a higher quality fan is a good idea. If you do need to have the wheel a distance from the PC I would suggest using a powered USB hub with a good quality USB cable between the hub and the PC.

Upvote 0
Hi guys, firstly happy new year to all! just when we all get a break during December to race until our arms fall off problems occur... my t500 began shutting down- not just rebooting but completely switching off, even the power box blue light goes off. i have to unplug it from the socket and leave for a while before reconnecting and getting power. it occurs usually during quick counter lock on all PC games. (haven't tried on ps3 yet) Thrustmaster have not responded yet with any solutions and i'm hoping that someone here has some advise please?

Things to note: No USB extensions used (direct into PC.)
Occurs more Frequently when plugged into USB 3.0 , USB 2.0 happens as well
FFB @ 60% - Firmware .40

i'm going to try it on GT5 on PS3...

Upvote 0
Hi guys, firstly happy new year to all! just when we all get a break during December to race until our arms fall off problems occur... my t500 began shutting down- not just rebooting but completely switching off, even the power box blue light goes off. i have to unplug it from the socket and leave for a while before reconnecting and getting power. it occurs usually during quick counter lock on all PC games. (haven't tried on ps3 yet) Thrustmaster have not responded yet with any solutions and i'm hoping that someone here has some advise please?

Things to note: No USB extensions used (direct into PC.)
Occurs more Frequently when plugged into USB 3.0 , USB 2.0 happens as well
FFB @ 60% - Firmware .40

i'm going to try it on GT5 on PS3...
I'm having the exact same problem. The fan is a bit noisy too when it starts to work. No extension cable being used. Tried different usb ports, the ones in the front case cause more problems. Thrustmaster support asked me about one particular thing.. "1. When the issue occurs, turning the wheel left and right will make the LED on the power adapter also turn On?
My reply was:
1. Yes when it shuts down, if I turn left and right the LED turns on, more
bright if I turn fast, less bright if I turn slower. I noticed the LED of
the steering wheel turns on too, same way of the one in the power supply.

I've also noticed that Windows "bleeps" like the device was being
reconnecting, however it doesn't come back to work and to be shown in the
Game Controller device screen until I take out from power outlet and from
usb port, and reconnecting them again after a little while. The wheel
remains with no power if I keep it connected to power outlet..

After that they asked for the invoice if the wheel is under warranty (which is not anymore, bought it second hand). But, they answered that I need to contact the retailer, they can't do anything about it. I needed to know what the problem is to try to fix it. I live in Brazil and has no comercial representants neither Technical Assistances stores to contact...

Upvote 0
I'm having the exact same problem. The fan is a bit noisy too when it starts to work. No extension cable being used. Tried different usb ports, the ones in the front case cause more problems. Thrustmaster support asked me about one particular thing.. "1. When the issue occurs, turning the wheel left and right will make the LED on the power adapter also turn On?
My reply was:
1. Yes when it shuts down, if I turn left and right the LED turns on, more
bright if I turn fast, less bright if I turn slower. I noticed the LED of
the steering wheel turns on too, same way of the one in the power supply.

I've also noticed that Windows "bleeps" like the device was being
reconnecting, however it doesn't come back to work and to be shown in the
Game Controller device screen until I take out from power outlet and from
usb port, and reconnecting them again after a little while. The wheel
remains with no power if I keep it connected to power outlet..

After that they asked for the invoice if the wheel is under warranty (which is not anymore, bought it second hand). But, they answered that I need to contact the retailer, they can't do anything about it. I needed to know what the problem is to try to fix it. I live in Brazil and has no comercial representants neither Technical Assistances stores to contact...
I have the same exact problem. Anyone solved it?
Thanks.

Upvote 0

How much money have you spend on your current simracing hardware

• €0-150

Votes: 84 19.4%
  • €151-500

Votes: 119 27.5%
  • €501-1000

Votes: 71 16.4%
  • €1001-1500

Votes: 37 8.6%
  • €1501-3000