T3PA Conical brake mod VS BasherBoards brake mod

Hey all,

I'm looking into choosing between the T3PA and the Pro pedals.

Now I know the stock differences between the base and pro variants (the Pro pedals have the capacity to invert the pedals, is all metal, etc etc), I know they both come with the conical brake mod (I hear this is preferred over the spring that also comes with the Pro), and that this included option definitely improves the pedals.

I have two questions:
  1. Is the BasherBoards brake mod arguably better than the included conical brake mod?
  2. I don't know the exact difference in durometer (or equivalent) ratings been the BasherBoards brake mod and the conical brake mod (only that the BB mod comes with 60 and 70 durometer bushings), but I assume there is a chance that the BB mod would be stiffer. With this in mind, can the BasherBoards brake mod safely be used with the non-Pro pedals, considering they use plastic pedal stems?

Hi I have the Pro pedals and use the BB mod, I have tried using the 60 and 70 together but prefer a stiff brake so have settled on two 70's. This provides a very stiff pedal with little movement. I have had to replace the bushings a couple of times over the last few years as they do eventually split and then lose some of there resistance, although they can still be used if you don't mind a slightly spongy pedal feel.
I did try a alternative conical brake mod that I found on the internet, cant remember were, but I found it to be way to soft for my liking with too much pedal travel. I haven't used the T3PA pedals so I couldn't comment on how they would cope with the added stresses of the very firm pedal but I highly recommend the Pro's with the BB mod.

Upvote 0
Hi I have the Pro pedals and use the BB mod, I have tried using the 60 and 70 together but prefer a stiff brake so have settled on two 70's. This provides a very stiff pedal with little movement. I have had to replace the bushings a couple of times over the last few years as they do eventually split and then lose some of there resistance, although they can still be used if you don't mind a slightly spongy pedal feel.
I did try a alternative conical brake mod that I found on the internet, cant remember were, but I found it to be way to soft for my liking with too much pedal travel. I haven't used the T3PA pedals so I couldn't comment on how they would cope with the added stresses of the very firm pedal but I highly recommend the Pro's with the BB mod.

Thanks Mick, how much stiffer were the pedals using the BB mod compared with the conical mod? Twice as stiff? 50% stiffer?

Upvote 0
Compared to the conical mod that I used id say the BB mod with the 2 hardest bushings is at least twice as hard and greatly reduces your pedal movement. I would say my pedal now has less than a third of the travel that a standard pedal has. My pedals came with the T500rs so I didn't get the Thrustmaster conical mod, don't know if theirs is any stiffer.

Upvote 0
The first time I saw that mod was on a YouTube video applied to Logitech pedals but I don't know if it works well with TM pedals... from the pictures it looks promising.
But personally I'm still hoping that the official TM load cell mod will be finally released... :ninja:

Upvote 0
After looking at the basher mod, I basically made it myself. Ordered the same bushings from a skate website, and then thought I'd need to make the plate to hold them it. Turns out a 75mm (I think) mending plate fits perfectly with the holes...
ae235

I just have 1 of the bushings in as I found 2 a bit stiff. Much better than the (not conical) mod that came with the T500 pedals. However still can't quite heel-toe so will be looking for some load-cell pedals later this year.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back