T3PA brake pedal deadzone

Just upgraded from a logitech G25 to the t300 alcantara edition with the T3PA pedals and one of the things I have noticed is the deadzone on the brake pedal. The thrustmaster software doesn't register any brake pedal movement until after I get on the conical brake mod. This is really bugging me as I know when I am on the brake in game but no braking is happening. I have tried the following to try and sort the problem out:
1. Disconnecting the USB from the PC and reconnecting and recalibrating
2. Same as above but also disconnecting the power and the pedals from the wheelbase
3. Reinstalling the drivers from the thrustmaster website
4. Reinstalling the firmware

All to no avail. Anyone know of a fix for this issue other than having to send the pedals back to thrustmaster and waiting for a new set?

I've recently done the exact same upgrade (from and to) as you have - but my T3PA pedals have worked fine from day one (haven't installed the brake mod though). I don't have any solutions for you, but I'm posting just to support the fact that there's something significantly wrong with your pedals.

For my T300 Alcantara I immediately did a firmware update once the drivers were in, and I've not had an issue with deadzone at all. Only thing I've noticed is that all 3 pedals in the Thrustmaster control panel initially report half depression until I touch them and they then reset to 0. I also read that you may need to fully depress each pedal upon connecting them to calibrate them.

Other than that, it seems that you've done all you can do to fix it so it sounds like a hardware fault? Perhaps contact TM and see what they have to say about it.

Upvote 0
Other than that, it seems that you've done all you can do to fix it so it sounds like a hardware fault? Perhaps contact TM and see what they have to say about it.

Good to know it is just an individual problem and not a universal problem across the T3PA's. Love these pedals, especially the fact I can put aftermarket pedal faces on. Contacted thrustmaster on friday so hopefully get a reply in the coming week and will see if I can just get the pedals replaced and see if that solves the problem. Thanks for the response, has re instilled my faith in the pedals rather than getting an adapter for my G25s.

Upvote 0
Quick update. After getting in touch with thrustmaster it seems the deadzone I was experiencing on all 3 pedals was normal and it is there "to prevent the axes to lose their calibration in time" as a result of finding this out I am probably going to sell the T3PA's and get myself the adapter for my G25 pedals if I can't come up with some sort of mod to sort out the issue. Such a shame as I really wanted to use these pedals but I can't feel comfortable with that deadzone.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back