T300rs best choice for AMS?

Well that is what I`m gonna get me to my wifes birthday ;) ..
Better than T500, cheaper than Fanatecs or DD ... I would say best bang for bucks .. or TX (that is even cheaper in my region)
Crappy pedals though, you might wanna keep G27 ones or get T3PA Pro or somehting better ... non-Pro version is kind of ok but nothing special (I was trying them in shoes so barefoot it might get better)

Mine started making a few groaning and squeaking noises when turning through 10 degrees right under load, but I persevered with it and they went away. Other than this no issues in 9 months. Better than I can say than my T500 which literally caught fire.

@David Ignjatovic why not TX? I heard they changed some internal parts so realiability shouldn`t be worst than T300RS and those few less degrees of rotation 900 vs 1080 is not really bothering me .. is there other reason??
as rims goes .. I would (will) go with PS one .. buttons are more accessible and I don`t like having captions of a buttons telling me WATER when I will use it as Brake Bias change .. also that rotational 3 position switch wont have too much usage in sims I guess
TX Leather edition is kind of compromise between those two
http://xboxracingpro.com/thrustmaster-leather-28-gt-wheel-review/

I went from a G27 to a T300RS. Just no comparison, like night and day. The new generation wheels from Logitech seem to be causing a lot of problems with this and that, I think that Logitech have seriously dropped the ball with the new generation wheels. and the software was always cr*p, even with the G27, which I used for 10 years.
A tip with the T300: buy the T300 servo base direct from Thrustmaster EU in France, and then buy a GT28 rim seperatly from Amazon or somewhere cheaper than Thrustmaster. The servo base without a rim is only available from Thrustmaster direct. You can buy the Pro pedals seperatly there too, and the usb adapter to make them stand-alone, for better latency.
I don't know where you're based, I ordered from Germany, but the equipment ships from Guillamot (sp?) in France, the parent company of Thrustmaster.

I'd recommend the T500RS @ £349. Fantastic wheel, more powerful than the 300 and is smooth enough that I couldn't tell the difference. And the pedals are to die for in my opinion. Had mine for 2 years now and I have the Ferrari GT rim and the F1 rim too. Love it.

t500-rs-full-set-with-ferrari-f1-wheel_zpsj6dbo8kc.jpg

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/thr...-using-heart-technology-ideal-for-ps3-and-gt5

What put me off the T500 was the fact that the shifter paddles don't move with the wheel, which makes it stupid to drive. I've driven real cars with fixed paddles, and it's no better in real life, believe me. Funnily enough, I nearly bought the F1 rim as a second rim, as it fits the T300, until I found out that the 5 rotary switches are dummies, and can't be moved or configured. A very cheap trick from TM, and a feature which just turns it into a toy. And it has an awful rubber rim. That's also why I bought the T300 as a seperate servo base: In the T300 set the wheel that comes with it also has a terrible rubber rim, and the pedals are just plastic toys, with no clutch pedal. A joke for a serious simmer :) But the pro pedals are fantastic, all metal and stable as a rock, they were worth every penny.

Last edited:
What put me off the T500 was the fact that the shifter paddles don't move with the wheel, which makes it stupid to drive. I've driven real cars with fixed paddles, and it's no better in real life, believe me. Funnily enough, I nearly bought the F1 rim as a second rim, as it fits the T300, until I found out that the 5 rotary switches are dummies, and can't be moved or configured. A very cheap trick from TM, and a feature which just turns it into a toy.

I don't own the GT rim that comes with the T500, so I don't suffer from that paddle problem you mention. As for the F1 rim, it cost me £59 quid off a retailer on ebay and is a damn fine wheel that allows me to have loads more programmable buttons in order to play our racing games with which are basically just toys. I knew after just looking at photos of the F1 rim that the rotary switches were not real, it is obvious at this price point. But each to their own.:rolleyes:

"I don't own the GT rim that comes with the T500, so I don't suffer from that paddle problem you mention. As for the F1 rim, it cost me £59 quid off a retailer on ebay and is a damn fine wheel that allows me to have loads more programmable buttons in order to play our racing games with which are basically just toys. I knew after just looking at photos of the F1 rim that the rotary switches were not real, it is obvious at this price point. But each to their own.:rolleyes:"

Nice one, for 59 quid Id've bought it too :cool: I very nearly bought the F1 wheel anyway, despite all it's disadvantages, to use with cars that have this kind of wheel, 'cos it would've been cool. At least it looks the part. I thought about it for ages, but just couldn't bring myself to push the button at Amazon.
But, then I bought this: http://www.ricmotech.com/Sim_Racing_Instrument_Dashboard_p/bdl-srd-9c-tmh.htm for my GT28 wheel. And it doesn't fit the F1 wheel. :cry: And because it cost well over €200 getting it over to Germany from FL.USA, what with shipping and customs duty, I want to use it all the time. Does that make sense?
Then, as a consolation to myself, yesterday, after weeks of deliberation, I ordered this: http://simracinghardware.com/product/thrustmaster-t300-dashboard/ Not cheap, but at least I wont have to pay customs duty, as GB is in the EU , at least until they implement the BREXIT masterplan. :)

Last edited:
I also bought the T300 base and 599 wheel separately directly from Thrustmaster in last year's Black Friday sale so it was a fair bit off. Don't know if they'll have something similar this year. They ship them from France but it only took a couple of days over to the UK.

what ive heard is the TX & t300 have a drive system that allows for a meaningfully quicker response time, which i think should easily make up for any power deficit; ill also crank my TX to 85-100% force if i think itll provide better feedback (default is 75%), something which i cant wholeheartedly recommend bc A)it can most definitely set your wheel on fire & B)the resulting output should be quite a bit less linear, although ive never taken the time to definitively measure this & i think it can depend on the rim). not sure if the t500rs got the firmware update the TX & T300 did that allows you to force the internal fan on constantly, which is why i'm comfortable running at those forces. [i just re-read the thread title, & the only game i own that i DO feel the need to do this with is AMS; 100% in-game ffb strength can still feel a bit weak to me w/ some cars on the TX, &, im sure, T300 default settings; perhaps not so w/ the t500)]

key point of the above nonsense is: id recommend you just buy whichever you get the best deal on, keeping in mind the TX/T300 pedals are garbage youll desperately want to upgrade & the t500rs stock pedals are, at least with a cheap 3rd party mod tacked on, equivalent to the best set TM sells. (other factors: stock 458 TX rim is a tiny, ultralight ("plastic toy") wheel but provides sharp ffb as a result, i felt i really lost some detail moving to the 599xx rim & have been meaning to pop the 458 back in to test -- i think the F1 rim might actually make a nice compromise there (havent tried myself), & youll want the buttons)

oh yeah and just forget about the g29.

Thanks for the input.

Just for comparison...

G29 is $325 AUD
T300rs with playstation wheel is $450
T500 is $750
T3PA pedals are $150-$200

These are bricks and mortar prices, I haven't really looked on ebay as yet, but I don't like to buy these type of things from a postal service if rma creep in.

I'm probably going to buy the t300rs, tolerate the pedals for x amount of time and then get the t3pa...

Thanks for the input.

Just for comparison...

G29 is $325 AUD
T300rs with playstation wheel is $450
T500 is $750
T3PA pedals are $150-$200

These are bricks and mortar prices, I haven't really looked on ebay as yet, but I don't like to buy these type of things from a postal service if rma creep in.

I'm probably going to buy the t300rs, tolerate the pedals for x amount of time and then get the t3pa...
I think you should get the T300RS and an adapter to keep using your Logitech pedals.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back