1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Super V8 = no starter motor?

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by tpw, Sep 2, 2015.

1. tpw

tpw

I'm no petrol head so please forgive my potentially naive question, but are the Super V8s meant to have their own ignition and starter etc? Or if you come a cropper and stall on track (as I often do) is that meant to be race over?

2. ouvert

ouvert
    Premium Member

from inside of car, own starter

3. tpw

tpw

Hmmm. Let me rephrase it, can I start the car in-game if I'm not in the pits?

4. Didn't know a car in SCE can stall (thought they'd always just start when leaving the pits from the garage) :redface: Learning something new again :)

(BTW, thanks for the PC settings you PMed yesterday.)

5. If the car stalls just try to turn auto clutch off and on again and GSC should restart your car

6. or if you are driving in single player mode, let ai take control for a second and the car starts again, a little dirty but it works :D

• Haha Haha x 1
  7. tpw

tpw

Great tips guys, should prevent some future rage quitting :)

8. But still, should it be able to restart? And if it does, why doens't it work when pushing the ingnition button, while in other cars it works?

9. JeffL

JeffL
    Right on Brother, I hear ya, it's all good. Premium Member

Don't know in real life about the v8, but the formulas don't have a starter so most people just use autoclutch and it will restart.

10. Yes,
    It should start but you also need a start button. Hold down the ignition and then hit the start button. You need to assign these buttons in your controls of course.

• Beer Beer x 1
  11. xnorb

xnorb
    Premium Member

12. Yves Larose

Yves Larose
    Premium Member

like Davy said if you set a button for the ignition and starter if you stall the car will start ;)

13. tpw

tpw

Well I've set both ignition and starter and cannot get the SV8 to start under any circumstances once I'm out of the pits. It's either bug or a design decision, not sure which.

14. It could be a simply entry in the engine ini or HDV file (can't remember which one) called "onboardstarter" same as the launch control?

• Beer Beer x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. tpw

tpw

Cheers mate, that did the trick!