Super Touring 98 Mod

Hey andreas. Good work on the mod. Also I must commend you on having the general behaviour of the cars set up in the right direction.

Jordan said: "“The Laguna felt much more on a knife edge (compared to Cavalier). It was very different to drive; it darts around, certainly a lot more on cold tyres. I felt like I was on my back foot with it, because it’s hard work even to stay on the straight."

I felt the same in your mod. Much harder to drive than the others, which appears to be correct.

However, the (tire and inertia?) physics alone feel like they are lacking... too WTCC-like.. not sharp enough for a super tourer. Even the spring, ARB and bumper values are close to WTCC. I played with the Heritage Volvo S40 ST yesterday (the SimBin one), modded the .hdc file and lowered it to 3cm front and 5cm rear with up to 2 cm of rise and added 2cm packers... Feels perfect to me. It has that sharpness and grip in the turns but retains the weight and inertia.

Try it and see for yourself. If i was you, I'd base your physics off this one and the 850. (I lowered the S40 because its absurdly high and unstable, but 850 defaul physics are decent)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5jdTFl0r5v_dHJaUWMybzM0NVE/edit?usp=sharing

Here is the hdc.

uW7WMcG.jpg

The suspension hasn't been tweaked for a long time. I'm very busy now, but I might have a look later :)

can someone help me understand how to paint the wheels for the super touring cars please?

never done it before but ive had a go

54b0uh.jpg

but they've not come out that well. im after the whole wheel being black.

can someone help me understand how to paint the wheels for the super touring cars please?

never done it before but ive had a go

54b0uh.jpg

but they've not come out that well. im after the whole wheel being black.
Hey SVP,

Make sure you colour the square on the bottom corner of the template the colour you want the wheels to be. I've circled it here for you. That should fix it!
super_touring_wheels_zps1569ff97.png

i dont suppose sumone could help me...just found this pic on Google and was wondering were i could get the bottom set of wheels from? as i would like to see if they would work in race07 as i have sum ideas for them =)

Attachments

• Wheel Genstring.jpg
    Wheel Genstring.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 343
thx 2 euro i have the wheels but just a small question just to understand how the wheels work...can i use two sets of wheels for one car (mondeo)? so that the original cars use the wheels Andreas used and one of my skins can use the 2nd set. is it as small as dropping the 2nd set dds files in to the mondeo folder?

2qsoyde.jpg

You need the GMTs of the other wheels (from the Nissan Primera) and they would need to be repositioned in 3dsimed to fit the Mondeo.
In GTR2 you can assign a Genstring number for the wheel style but I don't think RACE07 uses this so I think you would need a separate .CAS file and the new wheels written into that.

You need the GMTs of the other wheels (from the Nissan Primera) and they would need to be repositioned in 3dsimed to fit the Mondeo.
In GTR2 you can assign a Genstring number for the wheel style but I don't think RACE07 uses this so I think you would need a separate .CAS file and the new wheels written into that.

ok thank you. knock that idea on the head then

Latest News

How often do you meet up (IRL) with your simracing friends?

• Weekly

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Monthly

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Yearly

Votes: 4 8.7%
  • Weekly at lan events

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Monthly at lan events

• Yearly at lan events