rF2 Sunday August 30th 2009 - Le Mans Series @ Fuji

rFactor 2 Racing Club event
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, everything works fine now! re-mappings solves this problem. (Sensitivity X-Y axis put on zero (0%))

Thanks guys.

So, i really want to join with the GT1 A.M.
Hopefully i can keep up with the GT2's

Nice track, by the way, different high-levels

Argghhh a message popped up as I approached turn 1 and I couldnt resist a peek, I missed my braking point and changed down to quickly in an attempt to stop and blew the engine, ah well its realistic and I like realism, good fun even though I only lasted about 8 laps or so, getting used to blipping the throttle as well in the Porka, it does become second nature after awhile.

Was trying out some new tips for racing the LMP, so I knew that my race would be a little compromised. Didn't match my PB in quali, but wasn't too concerned. First start of the race and someone nurfed me when the lights went out :D. Fess up :D. Race starts and I pick my way through the first lap spinners and am running 6th overall :D.

Next lap lose the back on the cold tyres coming out of the last turn (wasn't even on the gas yet). Got stranded in the sand trap long enough to be lapped :(. Got out and then set about getting down to an endurance race recovery. Was up to P-13 when I lost connection to the server (which is happening a lot lately). I am seriously considering slappnig the next BT employee I see (even though it won't be their fault personally and violence never solves anything :D.).

Still - was a great event and a huge turnout. Hope to get my connection issues sorted by the start of the season.

Edit... where are my manners? :shame:.

Thanks to Lee for all of the help and advice today, was really appreciated. :).

my race report pretty much mirrors my teammate's Mark's as far as discos are concerned:
track felt very cold and unresponsive in practice and quali, never got to within 2secs. of my PB.

race was going great until I lost connection after 64 mins. had moved up to 21st from 31st in real endurance fashion by then :(
it's the second time this has happened to me in rFactor in two months, Evo it happens about once every year :(
the lapping went well, only had one touch with Mark K. (sry, either your ride or mine did a lil' jump as we braked into the turn side by side) and two pushes by LMPs.
To be learned for next event: never ever look at the mirrors, unless you see a blue flag: i did this in lap3 because an LMP was spinning behind me (what was it doing there in the first place?), got me so distracted I crashed and did my first stint (50mins) with half the front wing gone.

thx RD for putting up the event, thx all for good fun on a Sunday night. Now off to bed.

:( Engine blew for no reason

Practice;

Quite good car felt ok, not too bad....thats all :p

Quali;

Made quite a few mistakes from pushing too hard but managed 5th in class and overall 21st on grid.

Race;

Best Race Ive had so far, after coming round the last corner (not allowed to pass before start/finish) I was following the Aston in front when suddenly nearly all of the GT2's flew past smashing into each other at turns 1+2 which I was glad of, kinda like a penalty :p(not trying to say crashing is fun btw). Was much more proffesional im my race this time, went for 1 stop like most other people and managed to get up to 18th but GT2 tapped me and I spun (racing incident not their fault). Put me in 21st but managed to get back to 13th in the end. Car felt fantastic all race, was a pleasure to drive even after a GT2 forced me onto grass which caused a P2 to hit me (think it was Ivo, sorry mate. Had full back suspention damage so wasnt as good but still felt good to drive.
Just done first stop new Hards becasue I had big gap to 14th guy and repaired all damage. Only had about 4spins all race (which is fantastic to me, I normally have that per lap :)). Lap after was going down the pitstraight no issues with engine all race, no smoke, overheat or anything when suddenly, BANG! gone. :(:(:( end of my race with only about 50mins left, was 14th due to pitstop when I went.

Still loved racing the Aston on that nice sweeping track. Look forward to the next race. Thanks everyone for setting it up.

Dan -GT1 Aston

EDIT** Just want to add that all P1, P2, GT1 and some of the GT'2 drivers drove fantastic and very gentlemanly. Well done all :thumbsup:**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes