Suggestions for headphone/mic combo for Teamspeak?

I'd like to start venturing into some of the RD online events. Reading the rules, using Teamspeak is a must. Currently, I use headphones for driving. Looking for something that provides good sounds quality and has a reliable mic. Generally, I avoid Bluetooth as it often seems more trouble than it is worth, but open to suggestions.

Thanks,
DJM

It's not a must but strongly advised :) Teamspeak helps to make the communication between drivers much smoother.

I am using a Sennheiser headset when gaming but for chatter on teamspeak and such simple earplugs with a mic do the job as well. Few bucks at a local store :)

Upvote 0
Just a quick follow-up on my experience with the G933 after using it steadily for almost three months.

The headsets get the job done -- sound is good, mic works. However, there are several downsides to this headset:
  • They are *heavy* , really heavy -- I watched a review on youtube and the reviewer said they were light?! 375g/13oz!
  • They are too tight -- they squeeze my head, which I think they do since they are so heavy.
  • Logitec Ghub software suite is bloated -- all that software just for headphones?
  • Mic is fine -- it works, but there are better options in same/lower price bracket
  • Mic positioning is very limited
  • The battery saving feature puts the headphones to sleep and it is annoy/difficult to fine the power button to wake then back up.
  • RGB...not a fan of RGB. Silly.
  • clunky, plastic look and feel -- just a lot of plastic to make it look 'cool'
On the bright side
  • The wireless function worked out of the box without adjustments and has been reliable
  • Sound quality is good
I will continue to use them for a while, but will likely look for something that is lighter and has a better mic. If i need to go wired to have a lighter headset, I might just go that route.

Dom

Upvote 0

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes