• You don't get fast in order to take part in club races, you take part in club races to get fast!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Suggestion for "Screenshot Sunday" Threads

Discussion in 'Site Feedback & Support' started by BoogerMac, Jun 19, 2017.

1. BoogerMac

BoogerMac
    Premium

Ratings:
    +190
    I'd like to suggest that users posting screenshots for these threads include the game and/or mods. I know I'm not the only one who sees some of the images and wonders "where can I find that car or track?". Asking someone in the middle of the thread is off-topic in my opinion and can easily de-rail an otherwise great thread.

Again, just a suggestion.

2. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz
    SpeedyMite Racing Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +1,262
    Well that seems a good idea, thank you! Mentioning the game would be good too!

@Paul Jeffrey Maybe that would be worth mentioning in the opening post? I know some people will still post screenshots without any info, but we'll get a few more doing it…:)

And just a personal opinion but I don't think it is off topic if you ask question about a screenshot in those thread! Whether you ask for any add-on info, which game, what time of the day or any tips for taking a screen; that seems relevant.

• Like Like x 1
  3. BoogerMac

BoogerMac
    Premium

Ratings:
    +190
    I tend to agree with you; however, I've seen a couple of threads (RD and elsewhere) get off on a tangent quickly when people start discussing mods.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment News Editor Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +10,645
    Hey guys,
    Agree its a great idea and we will use it from the next one no worries!

Honestly intended to add it to this one, but with LM running and having a few disasters at home I just updated the date on the post and pushed live (I've made a few in advance of the live dates) so it simply got forgotten :)

Will be doing it from next Sunday, and thanks for the suggestion @BoogerMac :thumbsup:

• Like Like x 2
  5. BoogerMac

BoogerMac
    Premium

Ratings:
    +190
    No thanks needed. Like y'all, I just want to continue making this community better.