Stuttering

Cote Dazur

SIM Addict
Just took advantage of the rebate on GTR 2, while I can run Race 07 at full video setting, getting hight FPS, smooth as glass, I have constant stutturing with GTR2, even at medium setiing and my FPS are in the 90's.
Any advice as a particular set up to GTR2
My rig runs AC, DTM experience, witthout issues. Their is something special about GTR2!

Thank you Richard, tried changed affinity to all cpu's and no changes to the stuttering.:(
Vsync in game adjustemnt makes also no difference
OS: Window 7 Ultimate, 32 bit, Apple G5 ( Macpro 1,1), Processor Intel(r) X4 5150 @ 2.66Ghz, Memory 2.00Gb, Graphics ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series, Gaming Graphics Memory 512 MB

You have high fps however? If you vsync, can you measure and see that it caps it to 60 or so?

I feel the ram is a bit on the low side as well as cpu. Can you force the sync in ati drivers?

Also, it is a mac there, so you may not rule out that as a source of issues.

You have high fps however? If you vsync, can you measure and see that it caps it to 60 or so?

I feel the ram is a bit on the low side as well as cpu. Can you force the sync in ati drivers?

Also, it is a mac there, so you may not rule out that as a source of issues.

When I vsync at. 60 it stays there .
Again I am fine with other sims some much more recent, so I doubt it is the rig.

My screen refresh rate is 85 hz, this is what I usualy use.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back