Stutter

I can't say anything yet, but am really courious to find what it is that is causing troubles.
I've dig the info on my own drive which i had issues in past, it had aggressive power saving activated on it; basically it would park it's head every 8s of inactivity. So solution was use offical WD dos tool and up that as much as it will go, up to 300s. I somewhat suspect it being down to some power saving feature like that.

On my mainboard there is separate utility called "asus epu" thing which can really halt system down, eiterh automatically or if user sets it so.

hi guys i've been following racedepartment for a few years and thought
it's about time i joined.
myself included have been suffring from the stutter and i have been
trying to sort this out for the last 3-4 days tryed every solution i
could try here steam reiza forums grrrrrr
but then i found the cause for my stutter maybe your's to.
im running windows 7 64x and it was microsoft security essentials i disabled real
time protection and bingo stutter gone.

I am running win 7 64x and have windows defender turned off and found it made no difference, for me using jet boost stopped the stutter, but it seems there is no real answer unless you use a ssd drive or a sata 2 drive.

I am on Win 10 and as stated above, have a beta install and a regular install running on the exact same machine with identical hardware, operating system, apps, and with both installs using the identical quality, graphics and sound settings. The one and only difference is that the beta is installed on a crap-speed HDD and the regular install is on a SSD. You can't get a better A-B testing environment than that. The slow HDD stutters; the SSD does not.

Presumably there is some cache with limited volume, so at some point an older phrase may have to be reloaded. If not, pre-load the crew chief phrases into memory with the track and problem should be solved.

I'm curious about this last part...are you suggesting to Reiza to add the ability to pre-load chew chief audio files into RAM or are you suggesting that there is a way that users can do this already?

I suffer from the same spotter stutter (don't use any hud so no lap time stutter) and I'm on an HDD (OS is win7 x64 and installed on an SSD)...would move to an SSD but no space at the moment. Other specs:

12-core 3.33ghz Xeon (X5680)
16GB RAM
GTX 980ti

I'm curious about this last part...are you suggesting to Reiza to add the ability to pre-load chew chief audio files into RAM or are you suggesting that there is a way that users can do this already?

I suffer from the same spotter stutter (don't use any hud so no lap time stutter) and I'm on an HDD (OS is win7 x64 and installed on an SSD)...would move to an SSD but no space at the moment. Other specs:

12-core 3.33ghz Xeon (X5680)
16GB RAM
GTX 980ti

Not crew chief, but whatever the built-in spotter is called.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back