1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. #GiveAwayFriday. Win a copy of F1 2017 - The Game. Click here to join.

Strange wheelgun noises coming from the crowd

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Nigel Atkins, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nigel Atkins

Nigel Atkins

Ratings:
    +61
    when in the pits there is a loud "ker chunk ker chunk" sounds a bit like an old knacked pump. i can also hear it near the top of the mountain :(

have reinstalled rF as i`m getting odd noises else where to, but just tried the Lupo`s again an its the same, turning the sound affects down helps a bit.

anyone else hearing this?

See post #7 for fix

2. Paul Godden

Paul Godden

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah I've noticed that noise - mostly on the Nordschleife & Lemans - and (I think) when it's dark or getting dark. It reminds me of somebody waving a very big, metal, football rattle in the air. :D

I'm guessing if we knew what the sound file was called, and where it was, we could replace it with a blank file?

3. Gareth Hickling

Gareth Hickling

Ratings:
    +2
    Im sure Deniel Pettit knows what sound file to rename, He mentioned it to me once before.

4. Nigel Atkins

Nigel Atkins

Ratings:
    +61
    thanks Gareth, just sent daniel a pm :)

5. Daniel Pettit

Daniel Pettit

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes indeed i do know what the problem is

The file C:\Program Files\rFactor\GameData\Sounds\Ambient\fans_normal_1.wav has become a renamed copy of one of the wheelgun noises which is why you get this strange rattling from parts of the crowd.

To fix it you need to get a proper fans noise back into that folder and name it fans_normal_1.wav

I found one in the further subfolder for a mod which had a ambiant folder of its own. I did try to upload my fans_normal_1.wav here but its an invalid file type and far to big for the forum unfortunatly.

6. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +501
    Excellent news - I was wondering what that noise was lol.

Could you not RAR that sound file up and post it Daniel? Would be a great help. Otherwise can we just delete the file to fix it?

7. Nigel Atkins

Nigel Atkins

Ratings:
    +61
    here are the files from Bens Rf clicky

8. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +501
    Where does the .pk file go Nigel? In with all the others?

9. Nigel Atkins

Nigel Atkins

Ratings:
    +61
    yes, i only had 2 files, i just deleted them and put thouse 3 in. works fine now.

Thanks Daniel & Ben :yo:

10. Bram

Bram
    Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +16,284
    Nice one Daniel :) That finally explains it for me too! I noticed it first in one of Gaz' movies of Lemans and wondered what it was untill it happend to me as well during races. I thought some angry pitcrew guys were chasing me because i have wrecked the car too many times!

Thanks for the help (/me pushed thank you button :))

• Like Like x 1
  11. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +501
    Great stuff, that clanking was annoying.

12. Daniel Pettit

Daniel Pettit

Ratings:
    +0
    Glad to be of help :D . It used to drive me spare on lemans which was why i went hunting for it. No idea how it came about but there you go...

13. Paul Godden

Paul Godden

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Daniel, I'll have a go at this right away.

14. Damian Henderson

Damian Henderson

Ratings:
    +28
    Aswell as Daniels help If you see a fans_normal_1.mp3 as well as a .wav version in rFactor\GameData\Sounds\Ambient, delete the .mp3 version, should only be fans_normal_1.wav but the .wav version could be corrupt to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.