1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange wheelgun noises coming from the crowd

Discussion in 'rFactor' started by Nigel Atkins, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. when in the pits there is a loud "ker chunk ker chunk" sounds a bit like an old knacked pump. i can also hear it near the top of the mountain :(

have reinstalled rF as i`m getting odd noises else where to, but just tried the Lupo`s again an its the same, turning the sound affects down helps a bit.

anyone else hearing this?

See post #7 for fix
  2. Yeah I've noticed that noise - mostly on the Nordschleife & Lemans - and (I think) when it's dark or getting dark. It reminds me of somebody waving a very big, metal, football rattle in the air. :D

I'm guessing if we knew what the sound file was called, and where it was, we could replace it with a blank file?
  3. Gareth Hickling

Gareth Hickling
    Premium Member

Im sure Deniel Pettit knows what sound file to rename, He mentioned it to me once before.
  4. thanks Gareth, just sent daniel a pm :)
  5. Yes indeed i do know what the problem is

The file C:\Program Files\rFactor\GameData\Sounds\Ambient\fans_normal_1.wav has become a renamed copy of one of the wheelgun noises which is why you get this strange rattling from parts of the crowd.

To fix it you need to get a proper fans noise back into that folder and name it fans_normal_1.wav

I found one in the further subfolder for a mod which had a ambiant folder of its own. I did try to upload my fans_normal_1.wav here but its an invalid file type and far to big for the forum unfortunatly.
  6. Excellent news - I was wondering what that noise was lol.

Could you not RAR that sound file up and post it Daniel? Would be a great help. Otherwise can we just delete the file to fix it?
  7. here are the files from Bens Rf clicky
  8. Where does the .pk file go Nigel? In with all the others?
  9. yes, i only had 2 files, i just deleted them and put thouse 3 in. works fine now.

Thanks Daniel & Ben :yo:
  10. Bram

Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Nice one Daniel :) That finally explains it for me too! I noticed it first in one of Gaz' movies of Lemans and wondered what it was untill it happend to me as well during races. I thought some angry pitcrew guys were chasing me because i have wrecked the car too many times!

Thanks for the help (/me pushed thank you button :))
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Great stuff, that clanking was annoying.
  12. Glad to be of help :D . It used to drive me spare on lemans which was why i went hunting for it. No idea how it came about but there you go...
  13. Thanks Daniel, I'll have a go at this right away.
  14. Aswell as Daniels help If you see a fans_normal_1.mp3 as well as a .wav version in rFactor\GameData\Sounds\Ambient, delete the .mp3 version, should only be fans_normal_1.wav but the .wav version could be corrupt to.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.