strange shadows

Hi all

just in the last couple of days, i was racing at sebring and noticed some shadows on the track which were unusual - because they follow me around the track. it is not a helicopter or flags...they move slightly but these black lines are putting me off. is this a known problem?is it a setting or should i re=install? didn't have this at the sebring marussia event on sunday!

Then you must have had some kind of leftover from a previous build I think.
I noticed that with a reinstall, the userdata is not touched. So, I suspect the updater doesnt delete files there either.

I have learned that its better (read more stable, less issues) to do a full reinstall after 2 or 3 updates, then to keep updating your version of rfactor2.

Although it requires some close attention to copy all userdata which IS relevant out of the previous install, I noticed that I have much less "strange" things.

Personally guys I do a complete full install with every new build. I keep the files I want to (UserData, Packages, Installed etc) and as far as UserData is concerned only copy over certain files to the new install...

I`ve encountered very little problems (touch wood) so far with this method and it only takes a matter of 10 minutes or so to do. Each to their own of course.

I`ve also done the update method as we are meant to be testing rf2 after all.

I`ve also got rid of the "running" shadows by turning HDR off then back on.

:)

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back