1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

strange shadows

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Andrew Ford, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Andrew Ford

Andrew Ford
    Premium Member

Hi all

just in the last couple of days, i was racing at sebring and noticed some shadows on the track which were unusual - because they follow me around the track. it is not a helicopter or flags...they move slightly but these black lines are putting me off. is this a known problem?is it a setting or should i re=install? didn't have this at the sebring marussia event on sunday!

2. Andrew Ford

Andrew Ford
    Premium Member

resolved - by deleting shaders folder contents in user data/log/shaders

3. Marco Bijl

Marco Bijl
    adMAXIhater (O.O.O.)

Then you must have had some kind of leftover from a previous build I think.
    I noticed that with a reinstall, the userdata is not touched. So, I suspect the updater doesnt delete files there either.

I have learned that its better (read more stable, less issues) to do a full reinstall after 2 or 3 updates, then to keep updating your version of rfactor2.

Although it requires some close attention to copy all userdata which IS relevant out of the previous install, I noticed that I have much less "strange" things.

• Like Like x 1
  4. tjc

tjc

Personally guys I do a complete full install with every new build. I keep the files I want to (UserData, Packages, Installed etc) and as far as UserData is concerned only copy over certain files to the new install...

I`ve encountered very little problems (touch wood) so far with this method and it only takes a matter of 10 minutes or so to do. Each to their own of course.

I`ve also done the update method as we are meant to be testing rf2 after all.

I`ve also got rid of the "running" shadows by turning HDR off then back on.

:)

• Like Like x 1
  5. What about the lack of or inconsistent car shadows? Is there a fix for that yet?