PC1 Strange red lines appeared around the car

2015-05-08_00001.jpg

Everything was fine 'till on the 3rd lap, these red lines around the car suddenly appeared. I was driving a formula A on Spa. This is the 3rd car I'm trying out. The first 2 were all fine. Do you guys know why this happened? I'm on medium to high settings.

My Specs:
  • i7 4790k @ 4ghz
  • gtx 970
  • 8gb ram

No, everything was on stock.Tested it again today with same car & track, lowered all the settings to minimum, and it did not happen. So it was my gpu that couldn't handle it? I guess I just have to turn it up one at a time 'till I get that to that sweet spot.

I'm loving this game but there's another thing annoying me, don't know if I need to start another thread.
I couldn't save my hud changes. Every time I go to another car I need to edit it as I only want to see map and/or with rearview mirror since I have dashmeterpro. And when I go to pits to fix damages or add fuel nothing happens. I just drive by the pits and back to track.

edit: ooops, need to stop playing now, don't want to be late for work:(

Last edited:
Exact same thing happens to me with certain cars, certain times of the day... I'm not OC anything and my system is essentially MAXED and running smooth.

I think it's a glitch, because if you change/cycle cameras it disappears.

Yeah, I hope it's just a glitch that the devs can fix. I'm going to try cycling the cameras see what happens so I can turn up all my settings again. My pc is only 6 months old.

I think it will be fixed. It looks like an issue of mask bleeding. I've really only noticed it near/during Sunset so far, but I haven't really been looking either. One of the cars that was doing it (think it was the Formula Gulf) was only like 12 red pixels. The Caterhams seem to have it the worst, from what I've seen.

Cycling cameras fixes it 100% of the time for me. I've only noticed it 'come back' after exiting the pits or garage. I don't think it pops back in during races. Or maybe I'm too focused on apexes lol

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back