Strange problem with WCP historic F1 mod

Hi, I know it's a long stretch and anyone currently playing rFactor is probably into something different now, but I'm trying to keep alive my collection of rFactor mods as much as possible, looking to fix and mix things in order to create even better mods for personal use.
During this process, I'm experiencing a strange problem in Historic cars mod by WCP.
Basically, anytime I want to enter a session with Williams FW26, the game loads everything in the menu, but when I load a session, it crashes few seconds before the loading was complete (therefore I used to believe something was wrong about physics/tyres/terrain files, sounds or some WCgraphic file missing; the trace file is saying something about genstring and vehicle 1, 2, 3 unknow, so I looked to .veh files, genstring codes and files in .mas folder, but everything about genstring of the car, gen file and files in the team.mas is perfectly aligned and follows the same scheme of other cars that work without any issue).
Then, I load a session with another car of the mod (e.g. Benetton B196) and everything works.
And, when I select the FW26 again and I load a session with this car alone (exactly like I did in the first step), this time the game loads everything without crashes and everything works.
I have no idea why I need to run a session with another car, before I can enter without crashes a session with FW26.
Do you have any idea, guys?
Mostra meno

I would suspect the FW is not properly calling some shared item, but other cars do load it so it is in RAM when you load the FW.

First of all, thanks for the reply.
What do you mean with RAM?
RAM of my laptop? Something related to 4GB patch? The exe is already edited with that and the graphics details are all on maximum.
The game loads the FW26 with no issues in the menu screen anyway.
Even if I select that car in the mod as first, without entering tracks with some other before.
The car appears everytime and I never had a single crash in those circumstances.
For now I'll check in 3DsimED all the materials' names for body, front wing and rear wing GMT files, editing the names with something new and assigning them .DDS files with edited names.
It's the first thing coming to mind, but I'm not too optimistic.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back