1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Strange message from the XPacker when importing .dae files

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder' started by ThreeDays, Jul 1, 2009.

1. Hi, everyone,

I recently went into the Google Sketchup warehouse and found that there are millions of 3D models there for free download in .dae format. That, for me, is manna from heaven because I don't have time to learn how to use Collada or 3dmax or any other program of the sort, much as I would love to. I therefore downloaded a whole lot of models that could come useful to try and make an XPack out of them. However, with some of the models I get the following error message when I try to import the .dae file:

Mesh parts have different vertex buffer definition.

Any ideas about what the problem could be?
  2. yes, they changed the fileformat. it now excepts multi-objects, xpack doesn't you need to use blender or max to reconverted it,to 3ds or dae
  3. Also you will need to make sure that the textures used are to the power of 2, otherwise they will not work in rfactor.
  4. I knew the answer was not going to be simple.... :struggle::laugh2: :laugh2::laugh2: I guess I will need to look into 3max in the end....
  5. no need to buy expensive 3dmax, if you grab a copy of 3dsimed editor and still have the orignal skp file, you can now check & converted it in 3d simeditor.

hope that helps.

3dsimed link