1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

StR Affordable Minivan

Discussion in 'Racer Cars' started by Stereo, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Stereo

Stereo
    Premium Member

Had a sketch yesterday, now I've started putting polies in place. For now it's a mid-engine RWD I4... mounted at an angle under the driver's seat. Lets the driver sit quite far forward so it should be able to seat 7 (well, 6 normal size people plus a midget)

I had to put wide fenders on cause there was no legroom without the wheels mounted farther out.

I can't get the blender exporter to work today or I'd try to get a shot of it in-game with the steel wheels the base model will come with.

Attached Files:

2. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Lol, I like the aggressive front. Strange look car you've got there, look forward to seeing more.

3. In the bottom Blender window make sure the "Vertex colors" is on, not just a single X in the box.

4. Looks like a nice start... Scary, the rear end actually looks a bit similar to what I'm working on. :)

5. wow, nice family car!!

6. Stereo

Stereo
    Premium Member

Figured out the exporter, so I can get it ingame now (had to map a texture & UV coordinates to every material). I'm not really liking the headlights so I may look into some sort of design change there.

Attached Files:

7. huahua lol!

8. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Haha he's kind. It's, very cartoonish.

9. Stereo

Stereo
    Premium Member

Argh, didn't get a chance to do anything else on the model today but I did get the first draft of the company badge done (very important of course)
    [​IMG]

10. KS95

KS95
    RACER Moderator

Wow, that's a nice badge. How about making the arrow red or something to stick out?

11. Any update on this? I'd like a new screenshot.

12. Stereo

Stereo
    Premium Member

Long time without an update, well, I was extremely busy with school. Finally got a couple moments to tweak this. Hope the new front doesn't look quite as puffy. I think the hood needs changes still.

More design work has been done "under the hood", I think I have a fair idea of the suspension and seating setup now.

I got inspired by the side of an Acura TL, I'll be putting doorhandles on that groove.

Edit: Further progress on the front, tried to separate the doors + windows somewhat.

Attached Files: