Stock Car 2015 - Round 2 - Ribeirão Preto (full videos)

Fabio Rodrigues

Reiza Studios Community Manager
The full videos are finally here!

Race 2 video is in the next post.

If you don't have time to watch, I've written a short report below (copied from the other thread). The text is white in case people don't want spoilers; highlight it to read:

The races were a mess, both on and off the track. This was the standard SC format: one long race (45min) followed by a shorter one (28min).

But Ribeirão Preto has a distinct issue: the track is very short, including the pits. So in these races there was no mandatory tyre change and no refueling was allowed.

The first race was wet, but the rain stopped at around 10 minutes in and the track began to gradually dry out. Max Wilson had tyre trouble and saw his lead being quickly erased by Cacá Bueno, who overtook him and hang on for the win. Surprisingly, being a street track under wet conditions, there were no yellow flags in the first race.

But the first mess happened right at the end - race control simply *forgot* to give Cacá Bueno and Marcos Gomes, who was trailing him, the checkered flag. They only did so for 3rd place onwards, which led to Cacá and Gomes going all out in the "extra" lap, while there were already people walking on the track, etc. They almost crashed into each other. Cacá was livid after the fact.

Then came the big mess. Supposedly there's parc fermé between the races - no refueling nor tyre changes allowed. Knowing this, a few cars in the back of the pack in race 1 changed to slick tyres during the race, but most people remained with the wet tyres. *But* a couple of teams thought there was some ambiguity in the rules that allowed for a tyre change in case of different weather conditions. Which had happened, the second race was dry. But other teams disagreed, there was much arguing, the 20-minute interval between races became a 50-minute one...

In the end the cars that changed tyres during the interval were allowed to race, starting from the pits, and losing all the points in race 1.

When the race finally started, it was utter chaos. A bunch of cars immediately went to the pits to change tyres, a bunch of cars stayed on wets, then there was a third bunch exiting the pits... which meant the race was much more eventful as the drivers on slicks overtook those on wets, which included a handful of crashes and spins, etc. Entertaining stuff. Tuka Rocha managed to hold off Sergio Jimenez and Átila Abreu to score his first ever Stock Car victory.

Yeah, Cacá is a bit of a prima donna, but in this case I could understand his fury :)

For those who don't know, Cacá (and his brother Popó) is the son of Brazil's most famous sports broadcaster, Galvão Bueno - who is a very polemical figure, and Cacá often displays a lot of entitlement given his (and his father's) fame. So he's not very well liked down here, although he is talented and won the Stock Car championship 5 times.

@Nox : yeah, I've been wondering about that... all I can say is that Zonta was probably really impressed by Villeneuve's behavior in Goiânia (who was his guest co-driver) and decided to emulate it! :D I've been checking the latest news and there wasn't any punishment, looks like.

Wow, looked pretty blatant to me, hard to believe there was no penalty. I saw Fogaca had already pushed Zonta wide in the corner before, into the wall a little bit, Zonta was returning the favour. Ridiculous really!

Stock Car Brazil seems pretty wild and rather dirty. Lots of blocking.

This was the move of the event. Bitta zig then zag by Atila.
https ://youtu.be/SpGVoAv_DKs?t=1442

EDIT. I hate forum code that apparently forces any youtube link into an embed and so loses my time stamp link. Just delete the space.

Yeah, rough moves are all over the place... but part of what seems to be dirty is due to the fact that the visibility is so poor. When people (myself included, at first) complain that in game the field of view is too small, and the mirrors are nearly useless, Reiza's reply is that it's realistic. And it really is - it's not a bug, it's a feature that all but guarantees lots of contact in the races simply because the drivers can't see each other all that well.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back