F1 2011 Steering wheel alignment issues with F1 2011

F1 2011 The Game (Codemasters)
Hi Everyone,

I've got a bit of a weird issue with F1 2011.

Before I launch the game I use the logitech controller software to verify my wheel is aligned. All good.

I start playing F1 2011 - at the moment I'm in P3 on Istanbul in the wet. The steering will start off fine.

As the practice progresses I notice my wheel become more and more unaligned, probably from some sharp steering to counter sliding.

it also appears I'm not the only one : http://community.codemasters.com/fo...5-steering-wheel-out-center-while-racing.html

Do any of you have the same issue?

Thanks,

Yea I have the same issue. It's the optical wheel slipping on the motor shaft when you turn quickly or when your steering wheel is cold. There is a way to fix it but I'm on my phone right now so I can't help you out with links. Before trying to fix it contact Logitech and see if they will replace it. If they do and the new one you get does the same thing i recommend tryin to fix yourself. There are some tutorials on how to do this somewhere but I can't currently help you sorry.

I had the same issue with my g27....bad issue, breaks the game on certain tracks. I've done what James has said to do. I took it apart myself, and glued the optical wheel to the shaft with some plastic cement and it seems to be fixed. Now I seem to have the issue that the steering wheel in game is a bit crooked...but it's a constant thing. I've checked my alignment with the profiler and it says its fine...so I'm not sure what to do with that.

Edit: In hindsight, I should have documented every step I took with pictures to show others how to do it...

Another edit, sigh: http://forums.logitech.com/t5/PC-Gaming/G27-wheel-wont-stay-in-allignment/td-p/406468/page/4

Check that out, gives the reason and the fix

Thanks chaps, much appreciated.

I'm going to try and RMA the wheel first as I've had it <1 year and see how that goes. If that fails i'll try what you've linked to. Thanks.

Im going to try and do the same, i have only had mine for about 3 weeks. However i live in France and don't speak french at all so its going to be a bit more of challenge but hopefully not. Im hoping the send me a new one and don't ask for the other one back. It has happened to a few people so i might get lucky. Maybe the same might happen to you, good luck!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back