Steering light at each end of lock ?! Why ?!

I'm new to rFactor 2, set up my wheel BUT when driving, and turning the wheel. It seems heavy for the middle section of the turning range. When I get to a corner, The steering turns super light and really fast resulting in a spin.

AC, ACC, AMS2 and iRacing doesn't do this at all. Only rFactor 2. Why is that ?

A) NEVER use any sort of phrase like 'all my other sims' again. rF2 is NOT like other sims.
B) Please take a screen grab of your CALIBRATION screen and post it here.(or link to it)
C) Which car are you experiencing this? The ONE car in rF2 that is totally different is the Mercedes GT3.
D) What wheel do you have? Some Logitech products require a negative FFB setting.
I hope we can help!

A) NEVER use any sort of phrase like 'all my other sims' again. rF2 is NOT like other sims.
B) Please take a screen grab of your CALIBRATION screen and post it here.(or link to it)
C) Which car are you experiencing this? The ONE car in rF2 that is totally different is the Mercedes GT3.
D) What wheel do you have? Some Logitech products require a negative FFB setting.
I hope we can help!
Thrustmaster TS-XW is my weapon of choice. It's happening on every car I ve tried.

I'll post picture shortly.

Sounds like your ffb is inverted!
Before the new ui, you had to change a line in the config files.

Luckily there's a setting now:
d0b2fa8d6a8dbdce0356eaa233325a1658dfa3c1.jpeg

The rest of the values is from a random Internet picture so don't pay attention to them.
Just switch the marked option to the opposite of what it is now!

Inverted ffb is the most weird thing happening when simracing. Basically instead of front wheels pushing towards the center, one wheel pulls to the max left and the other wheel pulls to the max right.
But since the ffb is the lightest in the center, you don't really notice it at first.

But as soon as you turn into a corner, the ffb just gets wild :D

Sounds like your ffb is inverted!
Before the new ui, you had to change a line in the config files.

Luckily there's a setting now:
View attachment 634830
The rest of the values is from a random Internet picture so don't pay attention to them.
Just switch the marked option to the opposite of what it is now!

Inverted ffb is the most weird thing happening when simracing. Basically instead of front wheels pushing towards the center, one wheel pulls to the max left and the other wheel pulls to the max right.
But since the ffb is the lightest in the center, you don't really notice it at first.

But as soon as you turn into a corner, the ffb just gets wild :D

I dont see that highlighted option in my settings :(

Yes try the -86% if you have a Logitech wheel, but it looks like you have a Moza wheel correct? I haven't had any experience with that brand, you may want to edit the title of your post and include the MOZA brand so others with your wheel type will be alerted. Also, when you calibrate a wheel in rF2:
Turn the wheel as FAR as it will travel and HOLD IT THERE. Click the "Set Max L" and then release the wheel. Then turn it as far right as the wheel will travel & Hold it against the stop, click the "Set Max R" button before releasing the wheel. Finally center the wheel and click the Center button.

Last edited:
Yes try the -86% if you have a Logitech wheel. Also, when you calibrate a wheel in rF2,
Turn the wheel as FAR as it will travel and HOLD IT THERE. Click the "Set Max L" and then release the wheel. Then turn it as far right as the wheel will travel & Hold it against the stop, click the "Set Max R" button before releasing the wheel. Finally center the wheel and click the Center button.
Its a Thrustmaster TS-XW

Its a Thrustmaster TS-XW
Sorry about that, I skimmed right past your response. I had the TS-PC wheel(before a house fire....ruined it....) That should not require negative values if I recall correctly. But heck try it anyway.
Perhaps add a small 1 or 2% Steering Minimum Torque. Again, I don't think your wheel should need that, but it is something to try. For testing, try using one of the GTE cars or the ORECA 07 LMP2 if you have those, they have the newest tire iterations. So do the BTCC cars, I would recommend the BMW or Infinity Q if you test with BTCC as those are rear wheel drive and have a FFB response that is similar to most of the rest of the S397 vehicles.

Sorry about that, I skimmed right past your response. I had the TS-PC wheel(before a house fire....ruined it....) That should not require negative values if I recall correctly. But heck try it anyway.
Perhaps add a small 1 or 2% Steering Minimum Torque. Again, I don't think your wheel should need that, but it is something to try. For testing, try using one of the GTE cars or the ORECA 07 LMP2 if you have those, they have the newest tire iterations. So do the BTCC cars, I would recommend the BMW or Infinity Q if you test with BTCC as those are rear wheel drive and have a FFB response that is similar to most of the rest of the S397 vehicles.
Dumb question, do I have to download those !?

Ive been on AC, ACC and AMS2 quite a bit so this is all new to me here.
Yeah normally games set the ffb correctly depending on the wheel brand. For some reason that's not the case for rF2...

Nice that you can enjoy it now! Inverted ffb is quite horrific :roflmao:
It's like someone would swap your left and right arm but your brain wouldn't know, lol

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back