• You don't get fast in order to take part in club races, you take part in club races to get fast!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Steam

Discussion in 'F1 2012 - The Game' started by Andrew Ford, Nov 3, 2012.

1. Andrew Ford

Andrew Ford
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,713
    After all my praise for steam, shared by many members, typically i've encountered a problem. my profile became corrupted. i chose to download steam files to my system rather than the other way around...the profile still showed as corrupt...so i've lost all setups, career etc. had to play all those damn ydt videos again.

how can i stop this happening in the future please?:confused:

2. Senad Subasic

Senad Subasic

Ratings:
    +1,901
    Backup?

• Like Like x 1
  3. ENDR

ENDR

Ratings:
    +672
    This, and turn off F1 2012's savegame synchronisation.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thomas O'Leary

Thomas O'Leary

Ratings:
    +32
    Excuse me for being a noob about these things, but which file do i need to backup? Thanks!

5. Tom

Tom
    Staff Emeritus Premium

Ratings:
    +3,194
    <Drive>:\Steam\userdata\<your Steam ID>\208500 -> all folders & files inside of the 208500 folder.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Strahil Kotlarov

Strahil Kotlarov

Ratings:
    +27
    Disable steam cloud sync and back up your saves more often the old school way :) and you will be just fine.I learned this lesson from 2011 from steam and never corrupted saves ever again :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thomas O'Leary

Thomas O'Leary

Ratings:
    +32
    Thanks a lot! :)