1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam want to rape my wallet...

Discussion in 'F1 2010 - The Game' started by Pawel Bednarczyk, Oct 7, 2010.

1. Pawel Bednarczyk

Pawel Bednarczyk

Ratings:
    +0
    This is very funny situation...

First, im from Poland so realese date for F1 2010 was set on 7 october (today)...im pre-ordered via steam, payed with my credit card...and waiting...till 23-24 september when F1 2010 was officialy realesed...

cause my patience is equal 0 i downloaded VPN soft and playing till today everytime doing connection via UK :p

and now we got october 7 but...F1 2010 isnt anymore avaible via steam in my region wtf?
    some ppl said in Brasil is similar situation...

very funny...

[​IMG]

2. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,879
    Welcome to the wonderful world of Steam. :pcbeat:

If I didn't need it to play Race 07 online, then it wouldn't come within 50 feet of my computer. I even bought the game + expansions on DVD so that I wouldn't have to hand any money to them.

3. Pawel Bednarczyk

Pawel Bednarczyk

Ratings:
    +0
    You know mate i got my account on steam from the first steam day 12 september 2003, with many games but something like this is first time...

4. Arsenal

Arsenal

Ratings:
    +0
    I have been using Steam since it first came out as well. The only issue I have had with it is trying to convince paranoid people that it won't eat their babies.

That said, it sucks that you have encountered this problem. I hope you find a way around it.

5. Pawel Bednarczyk

Pawel Bednarczyk

Ratings:
    +0
    Yep i hope too..i sent ticket to support and now must wait cause they sleep...but tbh i dont know what to do i this situation, demanding refund?...dunno.

PS.

dunno what happend but my game is unlocked now ^^

but in store is still unavaible. weird.

6. Arsenal

Arsenal

Ratings:
    +0
    It seems to me that Poland and Brazil are two of the countries that Microsoft Games for Windows Live has issues with. I wonder if that is at the root of the problem.

Have you tried looking at your Steam "Settings" tab under "Downloads + Cloud" there is a dropdown box to select Download Region. Maybe try setting it to somewhere you know is supported, like UK - London. Not sure if that will work with Steam, but I know some people had to put England or the US as their country when registering their key with GFWL.

7. Pawel Bednarczyk

Pawel Bednarczyk

Ratings:
    +0
    No, no my account from GFWL working fine im using it in other games, and like i said steam just ublocked my game, so at last i can play normally w/o VPN connection ;]

but for the rest (i mean ppl w/o pre-order) is unavaible in steam store.

8. Bram Hengeveld

Bram Hengeveld
    Administrator Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +16,786
    Did you install steam? On the picture in the first post it says you don't :)

9. Pawel Bednarczyk

Pawel Bednarczyk

Ratings:
    +0
    Hey Bram did you read whole thread? ^^

10. Ross Garland

Ross Garland
    R3E & AMS Club Manager Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +2,879
    Not all of us are paranoid. I had multiple issues with Steam in the past, which is why I quit using it until I was forced to do so in order to play a particular game online. I also know various other people which have had numerous issues, including one who lost a significant sum of money and never got it back. That is why they'll never see a penny of my hard-earned cash.