Steam version Help

Can anyone advise how to transfer my existing game data from the DISC version I have installed locally, to the new STEAM version I've just now purchased and installed.

I cant get CC to install on my PC where I run an original Disc version locally saved. I've run the CCv4 installation wizard for PC I downloaded from the CC site and it gives options to change, to repair, or remove but not to install.

So I bought the STEAM version as my understanding is CC works on STEAM. I've not yet tried to install CC or the HQ 16th patch as I was first wanting to transfer all my game data across.

When i copy & paste all me pre existing folders ( locations, teams, talent, Championships, sounds, User data etc) from my locally saved disc version into the STEAM version it crashes.

I thought if i tried one folder at a time i could isolate the problem, Locations for example transferred no problem, but i tried a couple of other folders such as talent, and sounds, both of which caused it to crash and i can't see anything wrong with the files in those folders, so it's not helped.

I've uninstalled the STEAM version. To start from scratch. If someone could explain how to install the HQ 16 patch, Crew Chief, and load all my Game Data, ( tracks, cars, talent, etc) into the Steam version that would be great, thanks.

(Imagine you're explaining it to a five year old, I got lost at 'Happy Path' )

I've read through this : https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...gtr2-enhancements-plugin.250134/#post-3598850 and looked at GTR233 screenshots but still can't figure it out... Don't even know what Happy Path means.

But right now, i'd settle for getting all my tracks and cars into the STEAM version.

Last edited:
My suggestion - start with clean Steam GTR2, copy it out of Steam folder, to, say c:\Games\gtr2, and install CC plugin. Some people run GTR2 out of Steam location, but this is not recommended. Get clean GTR2 to run before copying other files. GTR2 won't even start without CC plugin, that's normal.

From manual:
1694272520297.png

HTH.

Attachments

• 1694271155931.png
    1694271155931.png
    122.3 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
??

I've been running it nearly twenty years without that plugin.
don't know about DVD version, but Steam one crashes for me and few other people on newer OS, unless you apply workarounds like admin and compat modes. None of that is needed with plugin. That said it is not perfect, and there are more things that prevent game from stating than plugin fixes. But yes, if you get clean Steam GTR2 today on a modern OS it is normal for it to crash on second start, since game was built for Windows XP.

Last edited:

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back