1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Steam! This product code cannot be activated in your region

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Painkiller82, Oct 14, 2009.

1. I just received GTR Evolution today, and when I try to use the activasion key to install the online version I get this error message: "This product code cannot be activated in your region".

I live in Norway and I ordered the game from play.com. Didn't think this would be a problem. Any solutions?

2. I am curious why you would not be able to activate. Did you try to activate it on Steam or from the disc. I will get my copy tomorrow and plan to activate it on steam which I think is the best way according to what I'm reading in other posts.

3. When I start the install program it connects to Steam, and asks for the activation key.

4. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

Try to open steam, and go to the tab "games" and fill in your product code there without the install program.

You can download steam from www.steampowered.com

5. I tried that too with same result. Could it be because I bought it from UK and live in Norway?

6. They are not region locked as far as I know. Could be steam acting queer again. If you can install offline, well and good. Or you can contact Steam support, but I'll tell you now; don't expect a prompt reply.

7. its probbaly locked cuz its not released in Europe yet, not sure but could be

8. It's GTR Evolution not Race On.

I think you will have to contact steam support.

9. I contacted Steam support yesterday, but I guess I'll have to wait a while for an answer from them. I installed the offline version, but I also want to be able to race online.

10. thanks Oliver .. that i get for not reading properly :)

11. There must be something wrong with that key. I also bought my GTR-E from Play.com in the UK and brought it to South Africa and had no issue's.

12. Do you know anyone that lives in the UK? Just thought, if you trust them with your details, you could get them to login to your steam and activate the game for you...

13. Don't know anyone in the UK. Strange that this hasn't happened to anyone else.

14. PainKiller82,
    had this happen to me and I'm in the UK. Emailed steam and they sorted it. Seems to be a problem with the info steam have on this game.

15. Take Roberts advise buddy, a member of my team had the same problem. Steam sorted it for him within 24hours :)

16. It's now working fine. I got help from Steam support and they added the game to "My games". I had to download it though, since it only installed GTR Evo from the dvd, not Race 07. But that's fine.