Steam & RACE 07/ON GTR EVO changes on 01/09/12

I've noticed that Steam has moved around the way it stores my Race On data, now all the data has moved to:
X:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\RACE 07
(stored with rest of the steam games instead of steamapps\USERNAME\RACE07) & now includes all subfolders & files loose.

This means all mods have to be relocated & unfortunately some mods are playing up.

Also problems with launching the game being encountered at our end.

Just a heads up.

EDIT: Problem of launching the game seems to be solved by deleting all content, reinstalling Race 07, shutting steam down, restarting & then in to game.

Mod Edit: tutorial for relocation here, by @Kennett Ylitalo

So, mate... i was having the same problçem... no expansion would start from its icon... just through race 07. And I had freezing problems. Still downloading this latest one. Let's see what happens!

IMPORTANT: If you return to the old format to the new update, then change the folder in my documents SIMBIN elsewhere. This is to avoid creating the folder INSTALL 2, which will make the mods are not recognized.
Once caperta Simbin has not in my documents, start to believe Race07 folder simpre MyDoc../Simbin/Race07 / "profiler.
Then copy the backup folders of old profile to the new location. Only folders, no files.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANTE: Si volveis al formato antiguo con la nueva actualización, cambiad la carpeta SIMBIN de mis documentos a otro lugar. Esto es para evitar la creación de la carpeta INSTALL 2, que hara que no se reconozcan los mods.
Una vez no haya caperta Simbin en mis documentos, arrancar Race07 para que cree la carpeta de simpre MyDoc../Simbin/Race07/"profiler.
Despues copiar las carpetas de la backup del perfil viejo en la nueva ubicación. SOLO LAS CARPETAS,NINGUN ARCHIVO.

06/09/2012 NEW HOW TO UPGRADE TO RUN AGAIN AGAIN.

1st update, everything sucks, fix it (or not), 2nd update, f..k it again, say give it back to the previous state, but a lie, now duplicate folders in steamapp / profile and steamapp / common.
If you do not delete the old profile ejucutar before the game, you create profiles in folders install, 2 3 4 XXX. With the duplicate folders the mod will not boot with XXX profiles not start the game or expansions.

Steps to fix what these useless make:

-Send the desktop of Simbin folder My Documents.
-Go to the folder steamapp/common/race07 /, copy folders only steamapp / "profiler/race07 /. Now do the same again but only with files, exe, dll, etc.. When prompted to overwrite, say NO, not write anything on.
You just recover your mods, track, sounds etc.
- Come out of steam
-Execute race07, CONFIGURATOR, sperad, and once the game starts, put name, country and quit the game.
-Go into the backup profile, and cut folders within simbin/race07 /, customskins and replays, profile ... and the new hubicacion pegadlas in my documents. Attention, only folders, no files. Cfg or other.
-Get out of steam, if not start the game.
-Start the game, deberiis have the game and all its expansions enabled.
-Delete any contain on steamapp/common.

-Now if you want to boot from GTR EVO, etc. ON RACE, downloading will ask again, I have not done for writing this tutorial, do not know if something happened, I guess not.

Annotations.

Downloaded 60-70 GB, 5 or 6 facilities, 3 days of play lost,16-18 hours of facilities, backup, etc. tests.
Email to support Sunday, unanswered.
I have asked my money back because the patch did not stop the game and buy it, there was no menus gtr evo, expansions etc not working. No answer.
Modify contents of your computer without telling what they will do. In Spain it is crime.
The solution to the problems of the community.
No apology or statement on its website, or email.
A company statement that the only entity to a forum.
They pay no taxes in your country probably.

Steam, f .. ck all, useless. I die before I buy anything else.
Irony that their company policy is very similar to your HL blackmesa.

Please, if you spread it, incluiye annotations.

Put Steam in off-line mode until good instructions arrive.

Ignore Flamer, if he is not going to use Steam anymore he should not write tutorials plus all the profanity. This sucks yeah, poorly translated tutorial with swearing is not the way to go. What he says makes sense, it's basically my method reversed.. Except that it isn't... Full fresh install is possibly the only way to get everything fixed. Mods and track can be copied back to old address like before, the same goes for Install2 but with a twist: copy the gameinstalldir.ini from Install2 back to the default one (note,untested so wait until one confirmed success report comes...)

Steam modifying Steam content is NOT a crime, modifying files in your computer without your knowledge is NOT a crime... If you think it's illegal try suing Adobe, Google, Apple, Microsoft... It's called "AUTO-UPDATE" and you agree on it's terms by choosing "Keep the game updated automatically"... It's the core of any content distribution and management system, it's the essence, on of the main reasons why SimBin uses Steam in the first place. If that is illegal in your country, tough luck and have a good slide back to stone-age since you can't use computers anymore..

Only issue I've had thus far is Race On remains in the new Steam file format which resulted in it being installed into the "common" folder. Not tried starting any games other than Race '07 too...

No problems here.
Delete
Installation
Race07 click and race:thumbsup:
Did you install Race On without issue? I ask as everything else other than Race On installed without an issue for me too. Looks to me like Valve forgot to change Race On back to a GCF file! I've created a helpdesk ticket for the Race On issue...let's see how long it takes for a response.

I know Peter - it sucks. I even tried using the DVD version of Race On to install and got the same issue as downloading a fresh copy. As I posted, I've raised a Steam helpdesk ticket; let's hope Valve employees fix this ASAP.

I don't understand all this confusion? I've updated, applied Kennetts fix and everything works fine??? Is there something else that's going to break that I don't know about? I'm assuming SRM Isn't going to work any more?

I know Peter - it sucks. I even tried using the DVD version of Race On to install and got the same issue as downloading a fresh copy. As I posted, I've raised a Steam helpdesk ticket; let's hope Valve employees fix this ASAP.
Race on wanted an update, I clicked cancel but it did the update.
Every thing is running fine, exept the Race on menu.

@justin

There is no confusion, it's Steam changing reversing what they did on the weekend. People with their games set to automatically update recieved notification today stating another download of Race '07 was required to rectify Steam's mistake. Everything now works as it should except for Race On which remains in the wrong file format.

Those who've elected to keep their Steam account in offline mode and/or their SimBin games not to automatically update have avoided all of these problems.

@Peter

My Race On is still kaput but everything else works fine. I will try again later to install Race On as a few posts on the Steam forums and elsewhere indicate people have raised Steam helpdesk tickets and PM's to Martinoo to get Race On installation corrected.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 78 29.3%
  • More leagues

Votes: 55 20.7%
  • Prizes

Votes: 58 21.8%
  • Trophies

Votes: 33 12.4%
  • Forum trophies

Votes: 17 6.4%