1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam or boxed version?

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Bram, Oct 9, 2008.

Boxed version (DVD) or Steam

Poll closed Oct 16, 2008.
  1. Boxed Version

60.0%
  2. Steam purchase

40.0%
  1. Bram

Bram
    Roaring Pipes Maniacs | #27 Staff Premium Member

What would you choose if both were as easy to purchase

2. If both full and expansion versions were as redily available compared to Steam I would buy the box, but mainly just the expansion versions.

At the moment to be honest I feel let down by Simbin at the lack of availablity of the expansion version via retail stores. Not that it will be there fault more likly the distributors.

3. Steam - Only takes a few mins to download so its a lot quicker to start playing.

4. I have voted for the box,
    because it is a lot cheaper (+- 50% at play.com UK and free shipping) then the Steam version for Western Europe.

:)

5. Steam, because I don't have to leave the house :) Saves fuel......

6. Steam, as it's much cheaper here!

7. Steam, got that many games/apps on steam/digital download now i didn't even bother to put a dvd drive in my new machine lol

8. I bought all with steam, very simple!

9. I first choice box ver. Second choice steam.
    I like collection.

10. Box, because i like the smell of a new game :D

11. Box, Steam is just a rip off

12. Boxed for me, something to look at on the shelf and not worry if anything goes wrong with my HD then trying to get my purchase back on Steam not sure how easy or difficult this would be?

This is the only thing that concerns me about Steam.

13. Boxed for me as it was hardly any cheaper on Steam and for me to pop into town is a problem to get a copy.

14. boxed off course. much cheaper and looks nice on your desk/shelve.

15. i was sceptical of getting the game from steam at first rather then just buying the boxed version but ive had no problems with it so far, so steam for me

16. I got mine from Steam. Didn't want to drive my 4x4 truck anymore than I have too. Besides it was cheaper from Steam and who needs another box sitting on a shelve collecting dust anyway!!!

p.s. It was quick, easy and had no issues.

17. I have all boxed versions including STCC The Game. I got tired of waiting on Steam to release it.

I also like the collection of the boxed versions.

18. Boxed for me if it is available. It was so realastic!

19. I'm a graphic designer, i must have the packaging

20. Daniel Monteiro

Daniel Monteiro
    Premium Member

for the same price, it's always better to have your own copy of the game, and we never know when steam's servers will explode or something, it could happen ...