Steam ID cracked user SKIDROW -- running steam bypass version of race07!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the past week user named SKIDROW has popped up in several servers, and now i see 2 or 3 of them in a single server. Apparently the well known skidrow, now has a steam id cracked version of race07 as a torrent download. Not sure but but i've heard all simbin titles from steam has been cracked. So now there are millions of users joining server with a crack that bypasses steam. Hopefully simbin and steam can resolve this issue. More and more public servers are being password protected because of this. This is bad news since it can close down simbin pretty quick

Also you should take into account why sombody has pirated the software in the first place, you guys may not haave realised this but som people cant afford to shell out for games all the time
If they own a computer, I guess they're not doing too bad. If they can't afford a game, there is a possibility they will live without playing it. I'm not sure though, might need to consult a medical expert.

You probably can't shell out for a Ferrari. Go take one, whichever one you like, it's on me :good:

Race 07 games sales are not be hurt the revunue would of been minute anyway
120 skidrows banned above, that's ~600€. So, you can steal, but don't steal too much. Don't take a Ferrari, take a Focus instead.

and if these players play fair and act responsibly I dont see why they should be banned.
Because they're using stolen software, and us idiots who actually bought the game don't want them around?
We all should've waited and played with the cracked version :woot:

Sim racing games have a small target audience as it is, 120 games isn't a small amount. If nobody's buying the game, why the hell should they invest money in making new ones.

Also you should take into account why sombody has pirated the software in the first place, you guys may not haave realised this but som people cant afford to shell out for games all the time, imo this does not mean they should automatically be castrated as a wrecker.

And that is justification for piracy... how? I can't afford a game I want which is released this week, but does that mean it's ok for me to go and steal it from my local game store? No, it does not because that is theft and theft is illegal. If you cannot afford something then you can't have it. Like it or not, that's how life works and it applies to everyone.

Whether these Skidrow people are wreckers or not is completely irrelevant. They should be banned because they are thieves that do not deserve to play the game. Simple as that.

Edit: Beaten to it. :)

Wow i would love to live in a perfect world.

There are hundreds of online shops where you can buy the DVD, no download needed.
There is also a thread here, where a user is offering to buy the Race On DVD for you for 5€. He'd send you the activation code on Steam, or he could probably send you the whole DVD in the post.

So, plenty of ways to get the game, capped Internet is a bad excuse.

I do find something positive: if this would've happened threee years ago, none of us would be still playing. It would've killed the franchise then. Now that player numbers are dwindling and we are at the end of the series, close to GTR3 release; i think this is a good thing.. Most of the players that bought it the legal way, did it already years ago anyway and i bet that none of these illegal users woudn't buy this game anyway. 4 year old 5€ game sounds so crap that i would browse on and stupidly buy some NFS crap...Unless you know what the community offers you, you don't consider it any better than some big company huge release that you saw in on tv first. If everybody knew, then the 5€ is a bargain for the content that is avalialbe.

More players, more fun. No players, no fun..

EDIT: As an avid Tinfoil-hat user, the first time i saw the pirated version, i was sure that SimBin themselves released it to promote the upcoming GTR3...

I am surprised that this is actually skidrows personal release, I used to deal in torrents until I started buying them legally, and I have to say skidrows releases have always had a disclaimer about supporting the game developers, are you sure this was skids own release?

More and more developers are leaving the PC platform for this reason... too easy to hack. They are moving to more controlled platforms - consoles like it or not.

*Cough* Sony got hacked, mass hacking.. *Cough*..

Stupid comment. Console fanboy.

If you put enough target on it's back, doesn't matter where it is or what it is, someone with the talents and the detirmination will get in it.

consoles have been duped and hacked for quite some time now. The only reason you don't hear as much about it is because they are hacked for offline use and are for the specific market area only.

I can't believe this thread is still active though, I would have thought this would have died a while back. Someone hacking a game and releasing it is spitting in the face of the developers who created/released the game. Plain and simple. There is no good reason at all to use hacked software other than the fact that users of hacked software could care less about legal issues and therefore their moral fiber is not of a quality set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back