• "Bite off more than you can chew and then chew like hell." - Peter Brock
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STCC is free download ?

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Mtommi Tam, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Mtommi Tam

Mtommi Tam

Ratings:
    +1
    Dam,my more friend said no need use visa bought this game,is free download,
    In the morning,i use visa card bought it,****,
    Can you help me ? how to take my money ?

2. Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Ratings:
    +0
    i did the same thing, mtommi... steam said it would be free for those that pre-ordered gtr evolution...

when it came out last night, it wasn't free... so i just bought it...
    now this morning, people are getting it for free....

i've mailed steam support and am waiting to hear back from them... :thumb:

3. Günthar Rowe

Günthar Rowe

Ratings:
    +29
    I pre-ordered GTR-Evo add-on and got STCC for free...

4. Kevin Ascher

Kevin Ascher
    #47 Roaring Pipes Maniacs

Ratings:
    +101
    And if you bought GTR-E in the shop, you won't get it for free? -.-

5. Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Ratings:
    +0
    nope - it's just for people who pre-ordered thru steam... something about wrong price or some such... i stopped paying attention after the bit where they said "free"... :D

6. Lewis Fergusson

Lewis Fergusson

Ratings:
    +1
    Haha nice free game. :D That should pull me away from rfactor for a little while. :)

7. Lu Chan

Lu Chan

Ratings:
    +0
    I had the same problem. i bought Race07 & GTR-EVO with box set.
    Now can't download. maybe i'll buy once again. :frusty:

8. Sebastien Bortoli

Sebastien Bortoli

Ratings:
    +1
    yes it's free!!!what a good news!!

9. Oliver Amos

Oliver Amos

Ratings:
    +0
    Indeed. GTR Evo was cheaper on steam compared to any other shop here in the UK. So not to sure how we get it free due to a pricing mismatch but hey. No complaints here :peace:

10. Chris Noble

Chris Noble

Ratings:
    +0
    Yes I logged into steam tonight and STCC was free for me as i pre-ordered gtr evo

11. Jim McGhee

Jim McGhee

Ratings:
    +0
    I pre-ordered and also got it free... :) maybe as a sorry for the delays when GTRe came out?

12. Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Ratings:
    +0
    ok, steams reply:

right, this is bs, correct?

the majority of you guys that got it free just got the expansion back, didn't you?

13. Roy Carless

Roy Carless

Ratings:
    +0
    Logged onto steam tonight and yes there was STCC free downloaded and ready to play I only paid for the evo expansion:peace::dance::dance:

14. Sebastien Bortoli

Sebastien Bortoli

Ratings:
    +1
    yes but maybe for those who have bought first race07 on steam and gtr-evo after,i don't know...

15. Dallas Willms

Dallas Willms

Ratings:
    +0
    And I payed $20 for it last night, even though I didn't even play it. What a smart move by me!

16. Andrew Evans

Andrew Evans

Ratings:
    +0
    k, well after a bit of email to-ing and fro-ing they gave me the refund... so long live steam and all who sail in her :flypig:

17. Karl Westman

Karl Westman

Ratings:
    +0
    Well I pre-ordered the GTR-Evolution and bought the retail version of STCC as it was released in the swedish store a few weeks back...
    :censored:
    Kind regards,
    Karl

18. Grant Powell

Grant Powell

Ratings:
    +0
    Well i pre ordered just the expansion pack and logged on last night to find STCC for free aswell woohoo, downloaded and loaded up and it's all there i was expecting maybe a demo LOL

Who says you get nothing for free :)

19. Jose Ferreira

Jose Ferreira

Ratings:
    +15
    Mtommi, I bought this STCC game with my Visa credit card too, no more you can't get back your money:nono:, they will not make you a rebate.

20. Steve Clowes

Steve Clowes

Ratings:
    +0
    Personally, I feel a little bitter about how this all panned out...

I bought STCC through Megastore Sweden for £31, as I got sick of waiting for Steam to release it digitally, since the official launch date of 19th September.

I ordered GTR Evo through Play on Wednesday just gone, as I could get the RACE/Evo bundle for £18, rather than paying $36 (~£22) through Steam for just the expansion.

I've bought every Simbin associated sim since the original GTR.

Yet those of you who found that prices lowered a little (<£5?) at release of Evo, compared to pre-order, get something I paid £21 for free!:nono:

Normal market forces dictate that something in demand, or is new technology, tends to cost more initially and the price is gradually lowered so that a retailer can sell stock that might otherwise gather virtual dust. So in in Evo situation, there is nothing fundamentally wrong in the price lowering post-release.

But then Steam is selling a digital download, not a burnt DVD with a paper manual and a protective case. So how the heck do they justify charging more for an expansion than a physical disc containing a bundle?

I don't begrudge parting with cash to help the future of of Simbin, but I will be damned if I will let Steam take any "slice of the pie" through me for the near future i.e. If I can get a product through other means than Steam, I will!