1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

STCC is free download ?

Discussion in 'RACE 07 - Official WTCC Game' started by Mtommi Tam, Oct 23, 2008.

1. Dam,my more friend said no need use visa bought this game,is free download,
    In the morning,i use visa card bought it,****,
    Can you help me ? how to take my money ?
  2. i did the same thing, mtommi... steam said it would be free for those that pre-ordered gtr evolution...

when it came out last night, it wasn't free... so i just bought it...
    now this morning, people are getting it for free....

i've mailed steam support and am waiting to hear back from them... :thumb:
  3. I pre-ordered GTR-Evo add-on and got STCC for free...

4. Kevin Ascher

Kevin Ascher
    #47 Roaring Pipes Maniacs

And if you bought GTR-E in the shop, you won't get it for free? -.-
  5. nope - it's just for people who pre-ordered thru steam... something about wrong price or some such... i stopped paying attention after the bit where they said "free"... :D
  6. Haha nice free game. :D That should pull me away from rfactor for a little while. :)
  7. I had the same problem. i bought Race07 & GTR-EVO with box set.
    Now can't download. maybe i'll buy once again. :frusty:
  8. yes it's free!!!what a good news!!
  9. Indeed. GTR Evo was cheaper on steam compared to any other shop here in the UK. So not to sure how we get it free due to a pricing mismatch but hey. No complaints here :peace:
  10. Yes I logged into steam tonight and STCC was free for me as i pre-ordered gtr evo
  11. I pre-ordered and also got it free... :) maybe as a sorry for the delays when GTRe came out?
  12. ok, steams reply:

right, this is bs, correct?

the majority of you guys that got it free just got the expansion back, didn't you?
  13. Logged onto steam tonight and yes there was STCC free downloaded and ready to play I only paid for the evo expansion:peace::dance::dance:
  14. yes but maybe for those who have bought first race07 on steam and gtr-evo after,i don't know...
  15. And I payed $20 for it last night, even though I didn't even play it. What a smart move by me!
  16. k, well after a bit of email to-ing and fro-ing they gave me the refund... so long live steam and all who sail in her :flypig:
  17. Well I pre-ordered the GTR-Evolution and bought the retail version of STCC as it was released in the swedish store a few weeks back...
    Kind regards,
  18. Well i pre ordered just the expansion pack and logged on last night to find STCC for free aswell woohoo, downloaded and loaded up and it's all there i was expecting maybe a demo LOL

Who says you get nothing for free :)
  19. Mtommi, I bought this STCC game with my Visa credit card too, no more you can't get back your money:nono:, they will not make you a rebate.
  20. Personally, I feel a little bitter about how this all panned out...

I bought STCC through Megastore Sweden for £31, as I got sick of waiting for Steam to release it digitally, since the official launch date of 19th September.

I ordered GTR Evo through Play on Wednesday just gone, as I could get the RACE/Evo bundle for £18, rather than paying $36 (~£22) through Steam for just the expansion.

I've bought every Simbin associated sim since the original GTR.

Yet those of you who found that prices lowered a little (<£5?) at release of Evo, compared to pre-order, get something I paid £21 for free!:nono:

Normal market forces dictate that something in demand, or is new technology, tends to cost more initially and the price is gradually lowered so that a retailer can sell stock that might otherwise gather virtual dust. So in in Evo situation, there is nothing fundamentally wrong in the price lowering post-release.

But then Steam is selling a digital download, not a burnt DVD with a paper manual and a protective case. So how the heck do they justify charging more for an expansion than a physical disc containing a bundle?

I don't begrudge parting with cash to help the future of of Simbin, but I will be damned if I will let Steam take any "slice of the pie" through me for the near future i.e. If I can get a product through other means than Steam, I will!