1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Simracing Team Challenge' started by David Garcia, Feb 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello guys,

now that every team have decided on wich car to use next seasson is time to start skinning your machines.

Find the templates and render scenes here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BO9ESIR9

Please, read the READ ME files carefully, and if you have any doubt don´t hesitate to ask.

Cheers and good luck,
  2. I have a question about the Saleen Mustang. I wonder how to edit the banner on the windscreen? I have edited the "MUSTANGSE_RGLASS.dds" where you can find into the "Saleen Mustang STC\DATA" folder. After i saved it into my "Saleen Mustang STC\Project D" folder where you can find 09042HR_MUSTANGSE_BODY1.dds, 09042HR_MUSTANGSESTC.car and the new 09042HR_MUSTANGSE_RGLASS.dds files. Maybe i have to add something into the ".car" file in order to use my glass.dds?
  3. I am attaching an example folder for Project D with the window banner working. Find the example folder here: http://www.mediafire.com/?momjwmm5jqm

As you will see I have renamed the file extracted from the data folder adding the project D number "10006PD_" before the file name, when placing it into the new Project D Team folder. Take a look aswell to the names the files have, it is really important.

This example would work for any car.

I hope it helped.
  4. Thanks it helped :) My problem was i used the wrong template with the wrong name for the glass :(
  5. Ah, ok. :)
  6. I have another question about the "Windows template". If i do a white banner, i obtain in the game a very sad colour (grey). I saved my file in DXT5 with interpolated alpha (standart format for standart Race 07 skin.....). There is a way for clear up this banner?

For example with a blue banner:

The top blue part (chassis) is normally the same as the bottom blue part (window banner). But the windows banner is very dark. I have tried to not use the alpha channel, also tried to save in DXT1 with no alpha, but the problem still resist.....

For the moment our car had a black banner (this color is good), but we have to choose another one for the 2nd car.
  7. If you paint the banner white, and you get a grey it will be possibly because the alpha channel have some transparency I guess. Make it opaque on the alpha channel if it is the motive.

Guys don´t hesitate to contact me on MSN if needed.
  8. I have tried everything i think on the alpha channel, but it's always grey :( This is my template, if someone want to try!

Attached Files:

9. As I said in my previous post, your banner alpha channel is grey so you will never get an opaque white there. I am attaching a new fixed windows, it should work.

Compare yours and mine, the diference is on the alpha channel. On Alpha channel White is opaque and black is full transparency.

Attached Files:

10. Off course i have tried previously to change the alpha channel in white, black....etc. But it change nothing. This is a screenshot with your edited template:

I think the problem is somewhere else, but i don't know where. A parameter darker the banner but i can't say wich one. So i think i'm going to stay with the white/grey banner...
  11. Ah ok, I will take a second look on it.
  12. Are there any X Files available?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.