STC BLACK CUP 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
We can go with this for years guys... I have some free time in the evenings daily. :D

Also as this is a TEAM championship I cannot agree with the fact that other teams are forced to pick worse cars than other teams. This is not equal and therefore does not determine how good a team really is.

OK, so one car MOD is a good solution aswell then. All the teams with the same car will grant no diferent performance so no one will be disadvantaged.

Doesnt have to go on at all, I think we are all just trying to help you see that doing anything more with the mod from last season is going to cause problems for everyone, and more work for you.

Hate to argue with the meistro of STC, but I agree with the other guys, standard cars are awesome. I mean look at GT Pro -
Audi R8 GT
Koeinesegg CCGT
Aston Martin DBR9
Corvette C6
Corvette C5
Lister Storm
Saleen S7
Gumpert Apollo
Dodge Viper GTR-S
then add-ons:
Maserati MC12
Ferrari 550
Lamborghini Murcielago (all same speed as GT Pro's and bascially bug free)
EDIT: two next cars removed for illegal conversion

CARS: Sorry guys, no discussion open here. If "Greg" wants to race a wheelbarrow with Viper engine and "Patrick" a Train on hard tires we can do nothing about it, we are more than 100 driveres in that champ and everybody have a diferent idea. The decision is made.

Don´t ask me how, but you managed to make me quote myself. :tongue: Discuss daily about the same although it has been decided is very draining.

Unless Günthar (who is working on it right now) doesn´t manage to get a clean and bug free 6 cars MOD in a couple of weeks, we will go for it. If the MOD is not a succes we will switch to our plan B.

Plan B will be revelaed once Plan A gets discarded. :cool:

Don´t ask me how, but you managed to make me quote myself. :tongue: Discuss daily about the same although it has been decided is very draining.

Unless Günthar (who is working on it right now) doesn´t manage to get a clean and bug free 6 cars MOD in a couple of weeks, we will go for it. If the MOD is not a succes we will switch to our plan B.

Plan B will be revelaed once Plan A gets discarded. :cool:

Not sure why we are discussing next STC cup then David as we can't discuss what we fear has caused all the issues.
This should be an open discussion. Not one you start up an then half way through you say, hey that you can't discuss.

OK, you are right. Discuss it then, but don´t make new proposals about the cars please, I already told what direction it will go. :)

Appart of the cars, the multi slot pach issue is solved. So you have any doubts or cencerns about the next seasson?

It is quite difficult to discuss or comment on anything when the opinion of the administrative party is always the "right" one and only they know what is best for the series. I'm sorry if that sounds harsh but that's how things are beginning to look here. This might be the right time for me to exit stage left.

Only the car list/mod is decided, you can discuss about anything of course. Don´t forget the multislot patch, and the many other things we have discussed and accepeted from the administrative side in the past.

It is quite difficult to discuss or comment on anything when the opinion of the administrative party is always the "right" one.
As we are the responsable part of the succes or failure of the series, we are the ones deciding some important matters. If you can´t accept that there is a captain in the boat, you better stay in land.

If we open to debate every single thing we would be decades to decide. Specially on matters like this one where everybody have his point.

I think discussions on almost every subject is fine. BUT we must remember that most of us
are not speaking native English and allow for misunderstandings based on a poor choice of
words and give each other the benefit of the doubt.

As long as there are no major money involved we all do it because we love it and want to have fun!

Yeah, that is for sure... doing my best with english I would say the word ALMOST in your post is an important one John. :tongue:

Leaving to bed guys, tomorrow when I wake up I want the forum full of posts saying how much you agree with the decision we made on the cars and how well we do things. :D XD Don´t wait till Xmas.

Have a good night!

David, can you at least to explain why you insist ignoring the use of GT pro or any other car proposal ?
I try to look at it from your point of view but fail to see why its so important to have this mod. cerainly after all the problems it causes.

If i understand you correct you would like to keep on running same cars/tracks season after season, not sure why apart from that it cuts down the work. But on the other had using standard content does the same less work and less risk of running into problems and the season would be awesom to.
So pls explain why you stick on using the mod. Certianly now the Lambo is a problem to.
MYself i would go for a sure and safe solution and i am sure nobody would mind apart from staff it seems.

Hard to agree with a this dissision without understanding how you came to it. Cerainly after the mayhem we had.

OK I will post some reassons, even if I don´t see a reason why I should do that. Everything have been said 100 times, but looks like you need a 101.

1.- The main reasson is I don´t want to accept that a many months work is gone for nothing.

2.- Considering it is a 20 cars MOD reducing to a 30% is maybe finding a fast solution, and I want to know if it works.

3.- Lambo can be substituted.

4.- There is a B Plan ready to be used. You know it from first hand and seem to ignore it.

5.- Xosé and Me are making 100% of the administrative work here, so we have full rights to decide on the league direction.

6.- I can´t listen and agree on any car proposal on forums, every one have a diferent opinion, so why should I agree on using your proposal and not Lucas Degen´s one?

7.- It is always the same seasson after seasson, and if you think that this constant debate will help making STC continuity and grow, you are wrong. When I say a decision is done means it is the correct one for STC staff, and if we are right it is our succes and if we are wrong it is our fail.

8.- We have been never looking for less job and less risk, otherwise we would have raced RD Racing Club events and wouldn´t ever loosed that time. We are looking to do a good job and make the series improve, whatever the price is. Improving means stability, bug free game, exclusivity on tracks, exclusivity on cars, cars with great look and good performance, well redacted rules, and a hughe etc.

Now, please can you guys exaplain to me (if it is not much asking for :)) the reasson why if you can decide on 9 of 10 things you want to decide on 10 of 10?

And once again, can you explain me what do you win putting all that preasure on STC Staff every pre season? Haven´t we already shown we are able to decide and correct mistakes?

Xeers,
David

From my point of view, i have no problem if we use the mod. i'm confident on Gunthar, and if we reduce to 6 cars, i'm sure it's most easy to detect if there is a problem with the mod. I can fully understand the sacrifice to do this mod and your reason to not give up.

Other point, I've played on others mods on RD, i never encountered most problems than the standard GTR evo game. For me all the problems come to the multislot patch.

Last point, some test races are planned, so i hope this time we can fill the server, and after i think we can contest or not the staff.

Sorry but I find it hard to believe the multislot patch had any effect on the problems we saw. The lag was the server, the pit bugs were the tracks, BlueFlag bug and no cars on grid are EVO bugs, and the minidumps were the mod. The minidumps were the biggest problem and people had them in practice with 2-4 cars on the grid so that can't be the multislot patch. I hate this idea of reducing the mod in an effort to fix it, its nothing more than a shot in the dark. I have no confidence it can be fixed, if we don't know the cause then its unlikely we can find a solution. However lets see what happens.

I think we should put the discussion of the cars to bed, I did not agree with it at first, but we have to accept Xose and David's choice and go with it 100% and not turn around and say "I told you so"
I have faith that we can make this season a bug free year if we all work together in making it that.

Sorry to carry on the car discussion but I think this needs to be said about our current feelings.
Currently we have no motivation to drive next season if the current mod will be used, mainly because of what happened last year, and the fact that this would be the third straight season with the GT Sport cars, which allot of our driver's don't enjoy as much as others. This is about the fun, and am sorry but we as a team are not really going to be having fun next season with the current mod if we was still here.

I respect all the hard work that gone into the mod, and understand the need to give it another try. But sometimes you have to be ruggied with your work. (Like not so attached sometimes for to long) I've done audio production work for a little over 10 years now, some tunes I've spent allot of time creating, but sometimes you have to go okay that was a great tune production wise but it's flawed in it's creation and won't make your records sell, so you just have to be ruggied and go with something that you know will give you a stable and solid back-bone to go with.

Thx for the explenation david.
I am with mike. No confidence at all sry but that is how i feel. I hope i am wrong though. Not sure how i can convince my team after all they went through, said to many times to them it was sorted. Just remember all the steps we went through and nothing. We spend loads of time testing and trying stuff out and we had good hope one time, but we where proved wrong last race. Don't see why it would be any different now. Maybe we are lucky this time and an other team isn't, its just not worth it, STC doesn't turn around this mod. Sry but that is how i feel. Seeing massive minidumps with the Lambo isn't helping at all. It just can't be that all those cars are affected, maybe its the tyers, or maybe not. I do know I want a save solution.

Doubt you guys can see our point of view, but we spend to much time trying to sort it out and we where glad the season was over. Not looking forward to having this happen again. Game is just to buggy already without having to deal with extra issues.

yes, Multislot patch worked fine in black cup 2009 and i would like to go back to what we had there.

Plan B i can't comment as i havn't tried it yet.

Hello guys.

Still on travel but so I have to be brief, but I want to make my point here.

Honestly, I had the same feeling you have with the MOD and the last season, and I think I exposed it to all of you.

I also had this conversation with David, and that's why we are convinced of having a 100% safe solution, which I can tell you we actually have as plan B, and much better than you can expect IMHO , but is also true that we put a lot of effort on this MOD and both us and Günthar want to make it work, for different reasons, but mostly because we thing it can provide great racing and a wonderful season if it works 100% good, thing that with 6 cars and a bit of test from your side is more than realistic.

About the Lambo... you don't like it... as David said we can drop it, and introduce other car, as simple as that.

But please make this effort to make us have a good feedback about the MOD, because is probable it's already working ok, and I think at least deserves the testing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back