1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion in 'Simracing Team Challenge' started by David Garcia, Jul 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hello guys,

please share this link with the painters of your team willing to participate in the skinning contest.

Here: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NCGZC81J

I would like to see all 13 cars in the contest as it would be the best presentation so far for the new seasson teams and cars.

2. Wich version of Brazil rio and wich version of 3ds Max do you use, please? Because when i load your render scene, i have some missing dll and my car is black (same when i load my textures).
  3. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

3ds max 9 and Brazil v1.2.66
  4. Brazil Rio will not work.

If you need any help I am more than happy to render them for you and send them back.
  5. Problem solved, thanks.

Now i have an other problem and i don't found the solution. I want to make a render with my car on a real photo. I have loaded my background into the viewport and into the envirronment background, but when i do my render, my background is partially cuted like on my picture:

(i have masked my car :) ) Anyone know why i have this grey part who hide my background at the middle?
  6. Not a clue, I always do hand work with photoshop, cut and paste.
  7. Ok,so can i do a render who capture only the car and the shadows in order to import them to Photoshop?
  8. Not a clue, sorry Greg, at least I am not that skilled with 3DMax... I always do hand work.
  9. Ok, thanks. Generally i use Deep exploration, and we can do that. But render in 3ds max is most beautifull. I think if i search i can find the solution to do a good render :)
  10. The solution is, in the "Render" tab "renderer" rollout, at the bottom, there is a setting for a ground plane. You can turn it off or change the colour.

Then your left with just your background and no ground plane. The background can be changed in the "environments" tab (which you have already your picture).

Hope that helps, I'm not on my work PC at the moment, I can provide screenshots if needed later.
  11. Mike, you are the man! Thanks a lot for this great help!
  12. No problemo, I had similar problems last time I rendered, and spent half the day looking for that stupid setting lol.

Not sure about how to keep your shadows, I might have the solution on my work PC (lots of saved tutorial webpages etc), will look later. If you find out how let me know :)
  13. How is the contest stuff going guys? Can´t wait!
  14. lol sooo impatient!!! we have until september, by that time I will have hundreds of variations and still wont be able to decide which one to use :D

I am busy doing some rFactor videos at the moment, once I get my technique down I might have a go at some STC ones.

Heres a first draft of one video I'm doing, this one is more just an idea, needs alot of tweaking. see my youtube channel here http://www.youtube.com/user/7Monk3y

My fellow Flatout racers have been doing videos aswell.

Rob has been doing videos for a while, he does most of our FO vids

Stay tuned :)
  15. Cool videos, like a lot the song in yours.
  16. Xosé Estrada

Xosé Estrada
    Premium Member

Guys, you can also save the render to PNG with transparent backgrond, makes life easier :)

Just deactivate background, deactivate ground pane, and save the render to PNG format.

Then import into PS and you have a no background render with trasnparency also.
  17. Very good in terms of creating the skin but an old man like me is a bit unsteady at hand with the camera :redface:

Attached Files:

• foo.jpg
      File size:
      28 KB
  18. At least we know it will be blue... :tongue:
  19. Damn, Krister. You really have to see a doctor with that sort of unstableness! :D
  20. I'm practising and by the time it's going to be announced I hope it's a bit better :redface:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.