• "Auto racing began 5 minutes after the second car was built." - Henry Ford
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest. Follow RaceDepartment on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Twitch, Steam and YouTube.

Starting from scratch - Removing old content

Discussion in 'rFactor 2' started by Kaygeeoh, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Kaygeeoh

Kaygeeoh
    Premium

Ratings:
    +67
    How do I go about cleaning up my rF2 installation without having to download all the workshop items again? I have a lot of dx9 and outdated content that I'd like to remove.

Are steam workshop file rfcmp as well?
    Where are they kept on the HDD?
    Can I delete non steam content only?

2. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans
    Staff

Ratings:
    +841
    Steam workshop items can contain one or more rfcmp files.
    They are kept somewhere on your HDD and officially Steam won't tell you where (meaning the location might change in the future and you are not supposed to mess with the files yourself) but it is easy to find where they are.
    In the Launcher, the package manager view, tooltips will tell you which components are part of a workshop item.

3. Gijs van Elderen

Gijs van Elderen
    Premium

Ratings:
    +2,399
    All Steam content are marked with a * and are in italic.
    Those can't be uninstalled via the launcher and IMO: it's useless they show up in the launcher. :cautious:

Select all stuff with no * and click uninstall and delete package file if you don't want it anymore.
    Uninstall Non steam.jpg

!!! Do Not Uninstall these:
    These items are part of the core install (and IMO it's useless they show up in the launcher :cautious:): No package file is available if you uninstall these.

Verify integrity of game cache with steam if you miss one of these.

Do Not Unistall.jpg
    AND
    Do Not Unistall_2.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  4. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur

Ratings:
    +349
    I have a somewhat similar request, except, I do not want to delete anything, but I would like to know how to differentiate official RF2 content from mod content.

5. Kaygeeoh

Kaygeeoh
    Premium

Ratings:
    +67
    Thats the idea i have as well, if i subscribe to S397 workshop items, then i can be assured they'd the up to date.

6. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur

Ratings:
    +349
    Anything from the workshop is automatically updated when RF2 is launched, if it has been changed in the workshop

7. Marcel Offermans

Marcel Offermans
    Staff

Ratings:
    +841
    You can look at the "creator" of the workshop item. All official rFactor 2 content is created by Studio 397, some older content is still by Image Space Inc.

8. Cote Dazur

Cote Dazur

Ratings:
    +349
    I was more looking to something while being already in the game, while selecting content to use.
    In any case, I went to the workshop but could not see where to look at the "creator".