1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

PC Starting career?

Discussion in 'Assetto Corsa' started by RobertLidstroem, Dec 20, 2013.

1. RobertLidstroem

RobertLidstroem
    Premium Member

Hi, fellas!

Sorry for the noob question. But i just bought AC 1 hour ago, and have done some hotlapping with the F40 just to get the feel for the game.

Now I want to start my career. Why is it greyed out? The four images when you start the game, 2 are greyed out.

This is also my first buy on Steam. Anything i need to know?

Kind regards,
    RObert

2. Some info for ya:

The game you bought is in "early access" and this means that it is basically in beta stage; not all features have been implemented yet. Multiplayer, career, mechanical and graphical damage, cars, tracks, and many other things are being slowly added every two weeks.

Hotlapping is pretty much the only thing to do right now. You can go here http://racedepartment.com/forum/resources/rsr-live-timing.1362/

• Like Like x 1
  3. Assetto Corsa is a realism, so you actually have to start your career in real life, thats the reason it greyed out. So time to work some $$$ to buy your first career car :D

4. RobertLidstroem

RobertLidstroem
    Premium Member

Ah, yes i understood that it was early access, i did some reading on this board and on the official homepage. But i suppose i thought it would be slightly more finished than what it is. But i don't regret having spent money on it! Seems like a great plattform, and maybe, maybe it can grow out to be a Forza for PC-gamers!

Only thing i want added is open world roads....so you can just hit the road up an italian mountainside with an old f40 :)

Kind regards,
    Robert

5. I've seen open world roads requested and talked about in the modding forums but I don't have a clue if it is even possible...If it is possible I'm sure a modder or two will make it happen; I think it would be pretty cool also. There is a live leaderboard app available here: http://www.radiators-champ.com/RSRLiveTiming/index.php?page=rank&track=5&car=10 that makes hotlapping alot more enjoyable and competitive.

6. Christopher Vrettos

Christopher Vrettos
    Premium Member

I think Kunos have said that Career will be one of the last things to be added. ;)