SSH Shifter - Input mappings borked

Hey all

Been very happy with my SSH shifter, but in the last week or so the input mappings on it are different to usual. For example, button 1 is detected as button 8, button 2 simply doesn't get picked up as an input and 3 and 4 appear to be either end of an axis.

Switching to sequential mode it still works fine.

I thought I may have broken it by installing vjoy (needed it for flight sim stuff), so I uninstalled it and manually removed vjoy.sys from System32/drivers but its still acting the same way.

This happens whether Steam is loaded or not, and I've checked that controller stuff is disabled there anyway.

At a bit of a loss to what to try next.

Last edited:
Funny enough I had same sort of issues when installing vjoy too… uninstalling didn’t seem to put it back to normal…

Did the issues start after/ from installing vjoy???

I can’t remember what I did to fix it now… sorry

Hey, maybe going into gaming devices, removing it fron there, and then maybe try plugging the usb into a different usb socket? So it re installs drivers etc for it?

Last edited:
Hey there, thanks for the help.

I've done all you suggested. Uninstalling the device in device manager, different USB socket.

No way of knowing if it was vjoy as I was driving sequential cars for a while after I installed it so wouldn't notice the H-Pattern wasn't working. From what you say though it sounds like it probably was that.

I've just been through the registry and deleted any traces of vjoy - also uninstalled Authentikit just in case but the problem still remains after a restart.

Hopefully the guys at SSH will get back to me with a fix. Until then I'll try to trawl the net for other people who have had issues with vjoy.

Cheers

FIXED.

SSH got back to me and it turns out this is a rare issue that happens sometimes and they don't know the cause. The fix was rather straightforward. Was a case of resetting the chip on the circuitboard by bridging two sets of pins.

Unless vjoy triggered this somehow it seems its off the hook. I'll find out for sure over the next few days as I want to continue using it if I can.

I won't post the instructions here as it was a series of images and a short video. Also in case SSH need to track how often this issue crops up. For anyone with the same problem, just email their support. They got back to me same day (and it was a Sunday).

Cheers.

Last edited:
Amazing support… glad they got you sorted, top work from SSH…

Yes do try vjoy again, I’m not sure that your issue had anything to do with installing it… maybe just coincidence I expect…

Amazing support… glad they got you sorted, top work from SSH…

Yes do try vjoy again, I’m not sure that your issue had anything to do with installing it… maybe just coincidence I expect…
You mean good support, or expected support. There is nothing 'amazing' about a supplier giving a known fix for a known issue which they could have prevented in the first place.

You mean good support, or expected support. There is nothing 'amazing' about a supplier giving a known fix for a known issue which they could have prevented in the first place.

I appreciate your desire to channel your inner Karen, but the point was that support got back to me same day, on a Sunday. The owner of the company did this on what I would assume is his time off.

I'm the paying customer here, and I'm very happy with the service. I don't need someone to be outraged on my behalf.

Last edited:

Latest News

What's needed for simracing in 2024?

• More games, period

• Better graphics/visuals

• Advanced physics and handling

• More cars and tracks

• AI improvements

• AI engineering

• Cross-platform play

• New game Modes

• Other, post your idea