1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Released SS Industry

Discussion in 'Bob's Track Builder Projects' started by jacken64, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Very nice track, fun and challenging, I like your textures choose too. Quite good framerates (around 50-65).
    Maybe you can still do some updates:
    - I found some unused textures, f.e. base.dds from my GB Sprint. You probably used it and resignated later - btb does not delete unused textures in one session - you can save your project, close btb, open again, load project and export again - only then unused textures will be removed. Or delete them manually from RX folder (if you are sure - otherwise missing textures will appear as black - including effect maps)
    - some textures are too big - these from rally cars xpack are 2048 - I think 512 is enough. Well, it does not affect the performance too much, but you can still can have RX track folder much smaller
    - I think coble could be more rough - add some randomness to the surface or find some other physics? It's very sleepy, which is good, but I would like to feel in my wheel that I am on the coble ;)
    - one error while loading - probably from Hardwood Background object (or s-object) from Great Britain xpack - some of the objects are broken there. Replace it with something else then.
    - after the very last import - replace the file collision.dds from my xpack with the other (which has alpha channel) - then you will get the 100% transparency for collisions. You have to rename the other file of course.

NOTE: I just have updated the file, so you can download the xpack again (the mistake was in that alpha channel - it was 100 opaque! LOL) - now it's fine with the xpack and it's compatible with previous (collisions_updated.zip). The image is inside the xpack, so just extract it ouside first.

Anyway - congratulations - I like the track very much. How is the distant terrain made? From GB xpack terrains? I also like that my xpacks are in well use. Thanks!

p.s. publish some screenshot or video here, your work is worth of it.

2. just played this a few times, wonderful track... im impressed withe the attention to detail too... love the differnt sections inlcuding the contruction area... well done :)