SR Rating??

i'm quite new to iracing and i have been using the legends cup car on the ovals. When i run a clean race with no incidents my sr will go up by 0.05 but the other day someone crashed me out and i had to pit for repairs and i got black flag for speeding in pit lane and my sr went up by 0.51

can anyone explain this i am confused

J,

Could be dependant on the 'strength of field' you were running in. If you didn't rack up many other incidents besides the crash and the pit lane speeding, you may very well see that type of SR boost. Won't happen all the time, but on occasion it does.

I once ran a Star Mazda race at Road America, had to 3 incidents in the race and when I had finished, whilst only expecting a meagre SR increase at best, was given a +0.64. My iRating was just below 1400 at the start of the race and the strength of field was 1609, so I guess this contributed to my SR boost.

Rookie oval races don't give you a lot of SR. SR is calculated as 'corner per incident'. This is what you need to achieve to maintain certain licenses, roughly:

[Source] (Check table under 'Safety Record'.

When you approach for example 3.0 or 4.0 iRating will be saved up a bit and then, in the event where you cross the 3.0 or 4.0 line, it will boost up with 0.50 points plus your collected points in the race. This will prevent you from dropping on and off your promotion requirements.

Numbers might deviate a bit, but that is about how it works.

Safetry Rating has nothing to do with iRating.

Safety Rating and iRating are completely independent of each other. Safety Rating is how many incidents you log in a race (off track, contact etc) whereas iRating depends on where you finish. The reason for the 0.5 boost is that you get about 0.4 extra SR when you go past a whole number. This is to stop you from losing a 4.0 rating for example (which will let you race in the next license above that), as soon as you get it. So, say you're on 2.90 and you get +0.11 SR from a race, overall you will get +0.51 SR from that race.

iRating determines which race you get put in if the race splits. I find that usually you will get in one of the top splits if you have 1500 or more irating, for D class races at least.

Edit: beat me to it

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back