1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice
Like RaceDepartment on Facebook.

Spotter Not Heard

Discussion in 'Stock Car Extreme' started by wpthayer, Jan 11, 2013.

1. I am back to Game Stock Car, and I must say, I am really impressed. :) My only problem is with the spotter. I don't hear one, am I missing a button in the options menu?
    Thanks for any help.

2. Yes maybe, in the Difficulty or Sounds option menus, there should be a Spotter option.

3. Not the case, I wish it were so.

4. Under Settings -> Audio you find the following settings, and they must be set to the settings following:

- Spotter Detail = High
    - Spotter Laptimes = Always
    - Spotter Volume = 100%

5. Dewald, thanks for the reply but I do not have that option. I tried to upload a screen shot but this forum dosen't seem to have that ability.
    In my Audio I have;
    Music Volume
    Sound Effects Volume
    Engine Volume
    Player Volume
    Opponent Volume
    In my plr file I have; Spotter Laptimes "2" always. My game version # is; 1.7.0.0

I have all other sounds in game. Perhaps I need a spotter plugin? I tried to install the rfactor plug in, but would not install. Got error

6. I have heard that is true and I have tried to install version 2 of the rfactor spotter.
    But I must be doing something wrong, :mad: I am unable to get it working.
    Its there detailed instructions out there?
    Thanks

7. Have you read the pdf included the zip? There's more detailed instructions and list of possible additional programs needed to get plugin to work. You need at least NET.Framework 3.5 installed. Iirc I just dropped the plugin to GSC plugins folder and it worked right away. There's also a control panel to tweak the settings for spotter.

8. Jebus, Thanks, I found 2.17 on the net with a readme.
    Just dropped it in and its working.:)

• Like Like x 1
  9. I know this is an old thread, but I am running GSME 1.52 and I have no spotter options in Audio.
    I have installed the rFactor Spotter plugin and have had it working but suspect it of causing other problems.

My question: Is there supposed to be a spotter in v1.52? and if so where am I missing the setup?

10. I too would like to know why spotter was removed.

11. William Wester

William Wester
    Premium Member

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
  12. Thank you, glad to know not to search for something that just is not there. The spotter plugin you mention is what I was using. Thanks for the reply.