rFactor 2 Racing Club event

Stuart Thomson

The Stoat Without Fear ™
Premium
So76.jpg

Server name:
RACEDEPT.COM So76

Class:
Spirit of 76 mod (Download) - Race 1 - Fiat X-1/9 Dallara | Race2 - Lotus Europa

Track:
Mosport 09

Practice1 start time: GMT 19.00 (20 min)
Quali1 start time: GMT 19.20 (10 min - 3 lap limit)
Warm-up1 start time: GMT 19.30 (3 min)
Race1 start time:
GMT 19.35 (25 min)
-------------------------------------------------------------
Practice2 start time:
GMT 20.00 (20 min)
Qualification2 start time: GMT 20.20 (10 min - 3 lap limit)
Warm-up2 start time: GMT 20.30 (3 min)
Race2 start time: GMT 20.35 (25 min)

Upgrades:
All allowed

Server password: click here
Racing rules: click here

[signuplist]244[/signuplist]

Sorry Stuart :frown: I'd do it, but I don't see a "promote to front page" option, dunno why.

well, I had some fun (trying to close the gap to the car in front after some costly mistakes) on the first race, not so much on the second, I started in a good position but run wide into the grass in one turn, and crashed at the back of a car on another, I missed the braking point and crashed into Stuart Thomson I think, I'm sorry for that :frown:

Had a good qualy for first race and then ISP problems kicked my out. Missed the race.
Rave two just managed to get back and did few laps before Qually. Qualified 7th and finished third even after being assisted of the circuit. Ok so the two guys ahead of me also had a off at some point, so i inherited Third, but i managed to stay on it till the end.
Great Mod i liked the mix races.

WD RD

what a evening again, I even fell in love with the Lotus :) this mod is just great and I hope the Legend cars will be the same fun :)

quali with Fiat, crash

R1: I ended on the grid with Ross last, we both made good start and unfortunately, both tried to overtake those ahead trough the middle... contact was made between us, but I had better position and was able to continue, unlike Ross, who had to stay behind (I hope you are not angry about it)... I settled after few laps with Jack behind, but I drove wrong the uphill hairpin and lost the race actually, big crash and the car was pretty well destroyed, I pitted and it took one minute to "repair" damage, but my engineers werent much successful :D I rather ended to avoid unpleasant situations

quali with Lotus was better and I made the lap, but 1 second slower than my normal pace (or 2 seconds)

R2: had again good start, made 2 positions and ended ahead of Stu, I had troubles with the cold tyres and full fuel cell but I survived and ended behind Jack now, I was caching him and pressed him pretty hard, until I bumped him away in T2 :(:( it firstly didnt seem to be major bump, but after few 50, 100 meters he lost control totally and spun, crashed badly.. I waited for him, he made then another mistake after few turns and let me to lead, but how the fuel cell was getting empty the car was more and more unstable and before I used to it I lost my place in good of Jack and we regained the battle from the time before the collision, it was a lot of fun, I made my fastest lap and was pressing him again very hard, it even didnt seem that he had some damage (I was glad for that) and settled at the same pace as we were before the incident, with Hans ahead, but how we were going we caught even Hans, then both, Jack and Hans made mistakes in 2-3 laps and I got their places to final 4th.... it was fun guys :) a lot of fun :)

I again hope I didnt get angry anybody tonight, Jack once again sorry, it was miserable, but it ended well didnt it? :)

Mixed night for me.
Spun during qualie for race 1 when on a very good lap so started near the back. Ended up being hit in the scramble for position before turn 1, and then couldn't avoid Marton's very strange incident! (Scraping along pit wall then suddenly springing out into the middle of the track!) Managed to work my way through until i got to Thommo, who was by now catching Bob & Sergio ahaead. It was shaping up to be an epic battle, but after i got a good run down the back straight, i went on the outside of the first sweep, was on the inside for the second while side-by-side with Thommo. I had a slight wobble near the kerb and we made contact, Stu going off and DNF'ing, me continuing for a lap before pitting and retiring in sympathy. Ach, balls. Sorry Thommo.

Race 2, in the Europa and much more enjoyable to drive for me. Plenty of 'dab of oppos' with this car and i really enjoyed it. Bob went off a couple of times so it was a bit lonely, but when the car's this good, it never gets dull.

Overall, the Spirit of '76 mod is right up there as being one of the best rFactor mods out there. Each car has its own characteristics; the Fiat is more planted with less grunt, and the Lotus is finely-balanced and made for4-wheel drifts! Looking forward to the next time we use these cars.

Thanks again Bob & Thommo, wd podiums (don't know the results of race 1 sorry!) and thanks RD.

Legends next week, should be another cracker

R1: I ended on the grid with Ross last, we both made good start and unfortunately, both tried to overtake those ahead trough the middle... contact was made between us, but I had better position and was able to continue, unlike Ross, who had to stay behind (I hope you are not angry about it)

Not at all mate! I couldn't see you, and you couldn't see me, just one of those start-line things!

A good day of racing over all for me. Both cars felt quite soilid on the road ( used setups of Bob's from our last event), but of course, the Fiat is more nibble.

Race 1. I believe I got a bronze medal in race 1, but I am not going to check replay because it might ruin the memory. I was kind of stuck in the middle by myself for 90% of the race and moved up the latter to third due to DNF's.

Race 2. Qualied 3rd and even held it for a while in the race. I maintained a good pace for awhile. Battled both Ondrej and Hans for a good part of the event but I had two offs that left me behind. Good racing Hans as I was putting the pressure on you but you held firm and I hit the shoulder going in the double right-hander and lost it.
No problem Ondrej with the bump and thanks for waiting. By the way, I am a gentle giant, 6' 9", 357 lbs and I was forced to enroll in an anger management course after an altercation with a couple senior citizens, but hey they were asking for it.

Rough day for you Stu...too bad.

Thanks Stu and Bob for your efforts. Great choice again. Wd to all racers and podium placers.

Again a great nights racing coming in in 2nd in both races. Race 1 was epic as after losing the lead on lap 1 I stuck to the tails of Sergio for the whole of the race but being Mosport never being able to make a pass. Race 2 quiled 2nd, Ross got off the line for a change so I was content with 2nd but Ross was just edging ahead so thought I would try T2 in 5th trying to make up the gap but fell of the road. Now with even a bigger gap to Ross I tried to push hard & paid the price with a couple of small offs but Ross was flying as usual in the Lotus & had it in the bag.

GRTs to Sergio & Ross on their respected wins & wd rest of podi. This has to be one of the top historic mods and like Ross I can't wait until they come round again.

Thx Thommo for putting this mod into the club and for all your hard work mate.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back