GT5 'Spec 2.0' Release - Tuesday 11th October

Status
Not open for further replies.
Details of what will be in the 'Spec 2.0' update have been released on the PlayStation Blog. It will become available on 11th October (next Tuesday) and will have the following features:

- ALL 'standard' cars will be given a cockpit view, great news for drivers such as myself. From the screenshots it appears that it is essentially a camera placed inside the standard model meaning that quality will be much lower than premium cars. Still, a nice addition.

- The ability to save during endurance races, a feature people have been asking for since last November.

- More weather customisation online, though no word on whether weather will be available on additional tracks.

- Support for the Logitech G25 and G27 wheels!

- Improved vehicle physics and 'evolved AI'.

- Undisclosed 'new features' for online lobbies.

- Undisclosed 'PhotoTravel updades'.

- Shorter loading times, enhanced interface and improved interface response.

Discussion on the separate DLC to follow this update can now be found in this thread.

I don't think we need any more cars but I think some of the Standard Cars turning Premium would be nice, there are so many awesome Standard Cars that are crying out to be 'Premium-ised' and a Tweet from Kaz some time ago now suggested this would happen.

Quick summary of details... so far.

1.Simplified interior view added to all standard cars.
2. User control of the weather change feature. So we will be able to control the weather.
3. Added a setting sheet feature allowing us to save multiple car settings.
4. A new Spec 2.0 Opening movie.
5. Improved User Interface response and usability
6. Replay functions Fast-forward/rewind.
7. Mid-race save feature for endurance races.
8. Expanded online lounge features (Narrowing down car types, shuffle races).
9. Expansion of the B-Spec remote race you can play from GT.com (a graph display now shows changes in race rankings.)
10. Expanded Photo travel features / You can now take photo’s of cars together with your avatar.
11. Added a “NASCAR Pit Scene” stage to Photo Travel.
12. Added eleven 2011 model NASCAR cars.
13. Added the Nissan GT-R N24 Shulze Motor Sport (The one Kaz used in his 24hr race).
14. Improved physics and AI.
15. Support for the Logitec G25/G27 Steering wheel.

Sounds like more information is still coming out regards DLC
Track pack, Car pack, other additional new content (rumours of new RM capable cars)

P.S. Sorry Ross... at least one more Nissan :rolleyes:

1.Simplified interior view added to all standard cars.
6. Replay functions Fast-forward/rewind.
8. Expanded online lounge features (Narrowing down car types, shuffle races).
14. Improved physics and AI.

From Kaz's list, the above are the things I am most interested in. The interior views will give me 800 more cars to drive and the replay controls (at last!) will greatly ease and enhance the production of photos and videos. I'm hoping there a few more undocumented enhancements to online as the two listed there don't sound particularly helpful to me.

The AI is a case of wait and see, as I saw very little difference when they claimed to have enhanced it last time. I'm really interested to see what they're doing to the physics though... I haven't seen that being a major complaint so I have no idea what they think needs changing. (The only 'physics' issue I can think of off-hand is a couple of backwards setup options...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back