South African Touring Car Championship 2009 (RACE 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cat on a Hot Tin Roof

Off to Monza for some flat out, ozone damaging, scarce oil resources fuel wasting fun. Bongani was relishing in his new post of Greenpeace spokesman (Africa Branch) and when rumours were flying that Italy would be hot as hell he used the opportunity to fly in from South Africa to canvass support for stopping global warming.

Everyone was happy to see Bongani of course and pretty soon the SA boys were organising a braai. The only meat around however were meat balls in a tomato sauce, but Bongani stepped up to the plate and sent his corporate jet back to buy some proper home grown steaks, tjops and wors. Nobody even thought about sending a cooler box with.

The early afternoon braai was something to remember. Lots of beers, pretty girls and enough prime meat to feed a small army. The battle for championship honours between Mark Guy and Zaahir Essa forgotten for a while.

By the time race 1 was supposed to start most guys were feeling a bit under the weather but 8 o' clock is 8 o' clock and 8 o' clock the race starts - ready or not. The only thing growling louder than the engines were the stomachs.

Race 1 will be remembered for Essa that in his haste to get to the end as quickly as possible, he racked up stop and goes faster than Bongani could accumilate Voyager miles. Rumour has it that Essa incurred the penalties on purpose just to visit the bathroom. Enquiries to clear up the matter was met with "no comment" from his manager. The race was won by Guy, followed by Craig Hume - whose recent form has been ascribed to his rigorous training schedule of late in the action cricket arena. The final podium spot is a bit fuzzy, but it could even have been yours truly.

Race 2 started immediately afterwards - no bathroom break included. Guys got a bit savvy noticing that stop and go was not the way to rake up points. But what to do? Anyway - the race was on with a couple of guys streaking away in front. The rest of the pack were whincing their way around the track when race radio crackled and informed the gang that the spectators had been moved away from Ascari due to a suspected gas leak. The race was on! To get to the sand trap first. For some well earned relief.

Ivor Topley won the dice to the trap followed closely by most of the rest of the pack. Shielded by a dust cloud most guys did their business like cats leaving no trace.

Up front the race was won by Robert McColl, followed by Essa and Hume. The results leaves Essa with everything to do and Guy with everything to lose at the final difficult race in Macau.

Due to the guys hanging around a bit after the races they missed the flight to Macau. Bongani made amends by promising everyone a lift in the corporate jet.

Results are up and upto date. I noticed now that there is only 1 result from Kyalami.
So all results have been fixed and sorted and we are in for a big tense finale.
GL guys. I will setup everything for the next event by sunday, as my time is a bit limited atm. GL guys

SATCC - Round 6: Macau - 31 March 2009

SATCCMacau07.jpg

Welcome to the sixth and final round of the SATCC WTCC sereis
The following details are for the race:
The race format will be as follows working on GMT+2 time (Local SA time)
19:00 will be 1 hour Free Practise
20:00 will be 10 minute Superpole (meaning its 1 outlap, 1 HOTLAP, 1 inlap)
20:10 will be 10 min Warmup
20:20 will be RACE 1 followed by Race 2.
The top 8 will also be reversed for race2.
Weather: Changeable

There will be no restarts of any kind, so please be extra careful.
We have had some LAG in previous tests, so please be aware of that.
Please do not chat during the races, keep it to sorry, thank you etc.

PLEASE NOTE: YOU CAN JOIN SERVER IN PRACCY AND QUALY, NOT WARMUP THOUGH.

The server will be set to allow drivers to join during Superpole in the future. Anybody that gets disconnected after having done 1 lap in superpole will however not be allowed to qualy again.

Please make sure your in-game profile name matches your GPCOS driver name.

Best of luck to all, and enjoy it.

SATCC - Season 2

Hey Guys

Let me know you're thoughts on season 2.
My thoughts are the following:
Mod: Radicals SR4 252
Tracks: A mix of standard and addon tracks. (including a possible night event)
Dates: Every second tuesday, starting in 3 weeks time (or thereabouts)
Times:
Praccy @ 17:30 gmt (19:30 SA time)
Qualy (superpole) @ 18:15 gmt (20:15 SA time)
Race @ 18:30 gmt (20:30 SA time)
Race distance: 60 minutes
Weather: Changeable
I would like to start off with 15 SA drivers and 10 international drivers.
This can always be changed, but would be the ball park figure

See what you think and let me know :poke:

Thanks
Craig

It kinda looks like a Shelby Can-am Zee.
Season 2 will be a shortish one again. If the powers that be are fine we will run a longer season 3. That will be the main season with the F3000. Currently there is a F3000 series running in RD, so i think it would be better to try run something else for now so that we can try fill the grids :)
Dont get me wrong though, the Radicals are good :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What would make you race in our Club events

• Special events

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • More leagues

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • Prizes

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • Trophies

Votes: 5 12.5%