Sore knee's after using T3PA Pro pedals inverted

Just as the title says. I'm thinking of reversing the pedals back to normal. Any thoughts? Anyone else experiencing the same?

It's not about inversion, but general seating and pedal position. You might need to adjust the pedal faces a bit, I usually shift throttle and brake to the left. The distance of the pedals from where you sit is also important, even a few inches can make or break comfort. I also had knee pain with the T3PA and by shifting the faces and putting the whole pedal assembly a notch further resulted in a much more comfy and sustainable position, even while going heel'n'toe for endurance stints.

Upvote 0
Hmmmm.... I have my throttle pedal face positioned all the way to the right, with my break pedal face all the way to the left. I will try that out, putting the throttle pedal face to the left as well.

As for seating position, my rig is as low as sitting in a go kart or f1 car. My racing seat is bolted onto 2x4 wood. I use the Next Level Wheel Stand. I prefer to be a bit close to the wheel. Sitting that close to the wheel, I want to be able to have my legs extended out. This is not possible with my wheel stand. My knees are bent up almost like a triangular position. I'm only about 5'5/5'6, and I can't even stretch out my legs more comfortably. I have to sacrifice my seating position by sliding my seat back a bit to help reduce knee strain and to extrnd my legs out as much as possible (which still isn't much). I don't think the Next Level Wheel stand was designed for a low seating position. I think I only have the wheel stand where the steering wheel sits, up by 2 notches I think. Others my have extended a lot more because they are using chairs/seats with adverage size chair legs.

You could imagine the seating position I'm trying to achieve by sitting on the floor, with your legs extended out and your knees slightly bent.
Trying to achieve the above maybe causing me knee problems, trying to sit so low and close to my wheel when I race. I think maybe another piece of 2x4 wood should do the trick so I can sit a bit higher. Idk, we'll see, but I will definitely try out switching throttle pedal face.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back