Sometimes exiting Automobilista race/practice cranks my PC volume to 100?

Hey guys,

Anyone ever experience this? Sometimes when exiting a practice or race in Automobilista all of the sudden my PC volume goes up to 100 and blasts my speakers or headphones and scares the living crap outta me. The screen kind of sticks just for a second and then volume just maxes out.

Then once AMS is shut down I have to go into the speaker volume and turn it back down to 10ish where I like it.

I have Windows 10 with all latest updates and Soundblaster Z with all latest drivers etc. No other game or sim seems to do this. Just wondering if anyone has experienced this with AMS or any other game? I'm running an i5 4690k with a 970 GTX MSI card with 8 gigs mem.

Thanks for any help!

Hi Folks

Sounds like the volume of AMS goes back to the volume of the main sound of windows.
Look at the picture (Example)!
Untitled.jpg Untitled1.jpg
Open the Sound-Volume Option at the bottom right side (Win 7),
or use the following tutorial for win10 to get the mixer back
http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7948-volume-control-old-new-windows-10-a.html
If i remeber right, there is an option to isolate each sound from the others

Greets
Didi

Last edited:
What do you expect, you do have a "Soundblaster" sound card :laugh:. Sorry, I've never had this happen.
Lol true, yeah Soundblaster cards do have a mind of their own sometimes, I know from experience haha.

Hi Folks

Sounds like the volume of AMS goes back to the volume of the main sound of windows.
Look at the picture (Example)!
View attachment 138741 View attachment 138742
Open the Sound-Volume Option at the bottom right side (Win 7),
or use the following tutorial for win10 to get the mixer back
http://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/7948-volume-control-old-new-windows-10-a.html
If i remeber right, there is an option to isolate each sound from the others

Greets
Didi

Thanks Didi, i'm gonna try that right now!!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back