Some questions for owners of T300 or TX wheelbase

Hi - I'm considering getting a T300/TX wheelbase setup (am primarily considering the TX Leather Edition package, that includes the Leather 28 GT rim and T3PA pedals), but have a few questions that I've not been able to find answers to elsewhere:

1) I'm a bit concerned about the large size of the base, in comparison to the much smaller G27/G920 base - does anyone find this an issue? e.g. do you find it gets in the way at all?

Related to this, I have fairly limited space and also my desk is not suitable to clamp onto (I think - it has a large, deep lip underneath), so I was considering mounting it to a Wheelstand Pro V2, but from the photos I've seen of this setup it looks a little unbalanced - is this this case, or does it work okay mounted to a Wheelstand Pro? Would such a setuop work used in front of a desk and monitor (rather than a TV)?

2) The package I'm looking at includes the T3PA pedals, these have the conical brake mod - in use does the combination of this with the spring give a reasonably realistic progressive effect, or does the required pressure suddenly get *much* stronger just right near the end of travel? Does anyone know how this compares to the Nixim Brake Mod for the G27/G920 pedals?

3) What's the noise of the T300/TX like compared to the G27/G920? Is it much quieter in use, even with the fan on? I suppose even if the fan is a bit noisy, it might be preferable to the sound of gears grinding...

Thanks

1) The base is bigger, but mostly in height, footprint itself is not much. BTW, you can work around the table lip by putting a book or some spare wood behind it (under the table) and clamping the wheel that way. ;)

2) Though I have not tried the Nixim mod (been a GTEye spring user with my G27 at the time), but the conical brake mod is a really cool gadget. You can customize it for your liking, so it can be a long pedal (spring) travel and getting stiff in the end, or a shorter travel with a loadcell-like feeling. I use it with a pretty short setup, around 20% of the measured travel against the spring and the last 80% against the conical mod. Makes it similar to the brake pads reaching the disc and applying progressive pressure from there. Adds a lot to consistency.

3) Wheel noise itself is a LOT less than of the G25/G27, and the fan only kicks in when you're too busy driving anyway. No rattling, clunking or whining like the Logitech counterparts. Not worse than the cooling fans in my desktop under load, and found that there's some variation in the manufacturing batches. Never found it irritating, and I like a quiet setup. The only time when I notice it is after quitting a sim, it keeps the fan on until temps drop back to normal levels.

Upvote 0
1) The base is bigger, but mostly in height, footprint itself is not much. BTW, you can work around the table lip by putting a book or some spare wood behind it (under the table) and clamping the wheel that way. ;)

Thanks for the tip, though I'm not sure that I've understood what you mean. There's some photos of my desk in this thread, which should show you might I mean:

How much desk lip clearance is required to fit a G27/29 or TS300 base?

Do you basically mean trying to clamp past the piece of wood that's under the desk? Would that be possible with the TX / T300 clamp?

2) Though I have not tried the Nixim mod (been a GTEye spring user with my G27 at the time), but the conical brake mod is a really cool gadget. You can customize it for your liking, so it can be a long pedal (spring) travel and getting stiff in the end, or a shorter travel with a loadcell-like feeling. I use it with a pretty short setup, around 20% of the measured travel against the spring and the last 80% against the conical mod. Makes it similar to the brake pads reaching the disc and applying progressive pressure from there. Adds a lot to consistency.

Okay, sounds good - is it still possible to get near 100% brake travel with the conical brake mod if you push down really hard or do you lose some travel?

3) Wheel noise itself is a LOT less than of the G25/G27, and the fan only kicks in when you're too busy driving anyway. No rattling, clunking or whining like the Logitech counterparts. Not worse than the cooling fans in my desktop under load, and found that there's some variation in the manufacturing batches. Never found it irritating, and I like a quiet setup. The only time when I notice it is after quitting a sim, it keeps the fan on until temps drop back to normal levels.

Okay, that's useful to know - sounds like the noise of the Logitech wheels may annoy the missus!

Upvote 0
Thanks for the tip, though I'm not sure that I've understood what you mean. There's some photos of my desk in this thread, which should show you might I mean:

How much desk lip clearance is required to fit a G27/29 or TS300 base?

Do you basically mean trying to clamp past the piece of wood that's under the desk? Would that be possible with the TX / T300 clamp?

Okay, sounds good - is it still possible to get near 100% brake travel with the conical brake mod if you push down really hard or do you lose some travel?

Okay, that's useful to know - sounds like the noise of the Logitech wheels may annoy the missus!
1) Nevermind, that's a bit more of a lip than I had in mind. Not sure if you can mount the wheel to that, unless you drill it for hard mount points.

2) You loose travel, but as the T3PA pedals have 4x the resolution of the G-series, even half a travel is double the fidelity. And the amount you loose is all on you, the conical mod can be adjusted seamlessly. How I have it set up only gives about 50% of the whole pedal travel, but its so silky smooth that you don't miss out anything. And of course the driver recognizes the travel you have set up as 100% automatically.

Upvote 0
1) Nevermind, that's a bit more of a lip than I had in mind. Not sure if you can mount the wheel to that, unless you drill it for hard mount points.

That's what I thought - did you mean something like this?:

Thrustmaster-T300-Ferrari-GTE-Clamp-Books.jpg

The lip is too deep on my desk for that. I'm hoping a Wheelstand Pro V2 might be the solution (and having the pedals fixed in place with that should be good), though I'll have to move mu monitor forward when racing

2) You loose travel, but as the T3PA pedals have 4x the resolution of the G-series, even half a travel is double the fidelity. And the amount you loose is all on you, the conical mod can be adjusted seamlessly. How I have it set up only gives about 50% of the whole pedal travel, but its so silky smooth that you don't miss out anything. And of course the driver recognizes the travel you have set up as 100% automatically.

Okay, that sounds reasonable then. BTW I understand that you can get 10 bit (1024 steps) resolution out of the G-series pedals if you use a Bodnar adapter and connect them to your PC via USB, though some sims (including Raceroom, I think) can get confused with multiple controller inputs/

Upvote 0
Hi - I'm considering getting a T300/TX wheelbase setup (am primarily considering the TX Leather Edition package, that includes the Leather 28 GT rim and T3PA pedals), but have a few questions that I've not been able to find answers to elsewhere:

1) I'm a bit concerned about the large size of the base, in comparison to the much smaller G27/G920 base - does anyone find this an issue? e.g. do you find it gets in the way at all?

Related to this, I have fairly limited space and also my desk is not suitable to clamp onto (I think - it has a large, deep lip underneath), so I was considering mounting it to a Wheelstand Pro V2, but from the photos I've seen of this setup it looks a little unbalanced - is this this case, or does it work okay mounted to a Wheelstand Pro? Would such a setuop work used in front of a desk and monitor (rather than a TV)?

2) The package I'm looking at includes the T3PA pedals, these have the conical brake mod - in use does the combination of this with the spring give a reasonably realistic progressive effect, or does the required pressure suddenly get *much* stronger just right near the end of travel? Does anyone know how this compares to the Nixim Brake Mod for the G27/G920 pedals?

3) What's the noise of the T300/TX like compared to the G27/G920? Is it much quieter in use, even with the fan on? I suppose even if the fan is a bit noisy, it might be preferable to the sound of gears grinding...

Thanks
I have the TX with the T3PA pro pedals, 599 rim and I also have the T300 base (I own both the XB1 and the PS4). I also have the Wheel stand pro which is very stable. I love the set up. I race in an endurance league on this site and have never had a problem with it moving on me. The only downside to my set up is I sit in a folding chair which gets brutally uncomfortable after racing for 2hrs. For the price the Wheel Stand Pro is an excellent solution for those who either don't want to spend the money or have limited room to get a sim rig. I even got the adapter plate to hang my pedals in the GT format (Like a real car).

Looking at the pic you have in the other post, the T300/TX clamp would not fit that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

I get 100% brake travel in Pcars on both consoles. It is all about how you set up the conical brake mod. I have it set up so that the first 20% brake is free of the mod then the conical mod hits the arm for the last 80%. Gives a great brake feel. I will be switching over to a load cell soon though.

Upvote 0
That's what I thought - did you mean something like this?:

Thrustmaster-T300-Ferrari-GTE-Clamp-Books.jpg

The lip is too deep on my desk for that. I'm hoping a Wheelstand Pro V2 might be the solution (and having the pedals fixed in place with that should be good), though I'll have to move mu monitor forward when racing

Okay, that sounds reasonable then. BTW I understand that you can get 10 bit (1024 steps) resolution out of the G-series pedals if you use a Bodnar adapter and connect them to your PC via USB, though some sims (including Raceroom, I think) can get confused with multiple controller inputs/
1) Yep, that was my first thought.

2) Sure, you can get 10bit resolutioin with G-pedals, but those mechanical potmeters are hardly fine enough for 8bit, so you don't really get that much of a difference. T3PA has hall effect sensors and you can count through all 1024 steps one-by-one. ;)

Upvote 0
I get 100% brake travel in Pcars on both consoles. It is all about how you set up the conical brake mod. I have it set up so that the first 20% brake is free of the mod then the conical mod hits the arm for the last 80%. Gives a great brake feel. I will be switching over to a load cell soon though.
100% in-game pedal travel, or 100% physical? Whenever you have the conical brake mod installed, you no longer can push the pedal all the way to its physical limit (without mod), but the TM drivers are smart enough to adjust to this. ;)

Upvote 0
2) Sure, you can get 10bit resolutioin with G-pedals, but those mechanical potmeters are hardly fine enough for 8bit, so you don't really get that much of a difference. T3PA has hall effect sensors and you can count through all 1024 steps one-by-one. ;)
The T3PA and the T3PA Pro pedals use a potmeter also. I have had mine apart quite a few times. That is why I want to swap out for a load cell. The braking will be accurate and more consistent by reading pressure instead of position.
I get 100% pedal in game not physical, but the potmeter does not really have much travel to it. The brakes have a very progressive feel. Like a real car the further I push the more resistance I get.

Upvote 0
The T3PA and the T3PA Pro pedals use a potmeter also. I have had mine apart quite a few times. That is why I want to swap out for a load cell. The braking will be accurate and more consistent by reading pressure instead of position.
I get 100% pedal in game not physical, but the potmeter does not really have much travel to it. The brakes have a very progressive feel. Like a real car the further I push the more resistance I get.
I was convinced that they had different sensors, but then they simply have much higher quality components. :)
I have the same feeling with the conical brake mod, loving it! ;)

Upvote 0
I have the TX with the T3PA pro pedals, 599 rim and I also have the T300 base (I own both the XB1 and the PS4). I also have the Wheel stand pro which is very stable. I love the set up. I race in an endurance league on this site and have never had a problem with it moving on me. The only downside to my set up is I sit in a folding chair which gets brutally uncomfortable after racing for 2hrs. For the price the Wheel Stand Pro is an excellent solution for those who either don't want to spend the money or have limited room to get a sim rig. I even got the adapter plate to hang my pedals in the GT format (Like a real car).

Thanks for the information @2pfspiff - do you use your Wheel Stand Pro in front of a desk with a monitor on it, or some other setup? Do you have a photo? Also, why do you use a folding chair? I was just thinking of using my office chair, replacing the casters with some non-sliding feet.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the information @2pfspiff - do you use your Wheel Stand Pro in front of a desk with a monitor on it, or some other setup? Do you have a photo? Also, why do you use a folding chair? I was just thinking of using my office chair, replacing the casters with some non-sliding feet.
I have mine in front of my tv that sits on a storage shelf. I will take a pick tomorrow and post it it.

Upvote 0
IMG_3187.JPG

Here is a pic of my setup. What you don't see is my XB1 and PS4 going to a LG 42" LED TV. I use an Ipad for Pcars Dash, An old Asus net book converted to windows 10 for vHUD and an android tablet for Crew Chief through Logitech speakers or earbuds depending on when I am racing. My setup is in a small part in the basement. My daughter has the other side for her room. I plan on getting a sim rig before the year is out just have to save the money. I have a T300 base and a TX base. The biggest thing that sucks is I have to sit in a plastic folding chair. Nothing else I tried is comfortable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
hanks for the information @2pfspiff - do you use your Wheel Stand Pro in front of a desk with a monitor on it, or some other setup?
My setup is on a storage shelf. I had an extra one so I used half of it to put my consoles and TV on. When I get my sim rig I may hard mount my tv to a stand or get a entertainment center for the TV. Not sure yet I do play other games besides project cars. I am also planning on building a computer, but that will be next year.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back